The Dinner (m)

~Long chapter warning lol, but damn it's worth it, trust me~

April 2021

Moon has spent the past few days comforting and talking through things with Taehyung. There's a lot of guilt he carries with him for neglecting his family and with Eunjin's outburst it now weighs him down even further. But the shows continue and he tries his best to lighten up again. As a halfway apology, he's invited his sister on to join them at the New York concert as well, an offer which she's accepted.

At this point, however, Taehyung just sits on the bed in his hotel room, sulking before he has to go to his soundcheck before concert day tomorrow.

"Isn't it a good thing she's here in New York though?", Moonhae tries to cheer him up as she gets herself ready, "It means she wants to be around you."

"I don't think I'm the one Eunjin wants to be around", he mutters back.

"What do you mean?", she turns to him.

"I think there's something going on between her and Jungkook", he rubs his tired eyes.

"Hm", she merely grunts, averting her gaze, making him look at her unhappily.

"You were supposed to dispute that", he pouts at her, "Please, tell me I'm wrong."

"I'm not gonna lie to you", she shrugs.

"Argh", he throws himself back on the bed, "Jungkook wouldn't do that to me though, would he? I mean Eunjin may just have a little crush on him and that's why they're always talking to each other..."

"I think you forget what Jungkookie's like, Tae", Moon almost sighs, "Besides, your sister is hot."

"Moonhae!", he whines, covering his face with his hands.

"As long as things are good between you two, it shouldn't matter", she tells him before reaching for his arm and trying her best to pull him upwards off the bed, "Now, let's get going, okay?"

Once they arrive at the soundcheck, Taehyung is surprised to find Eunjin waiting there.

"You came to soundcheck?", he looks at her with lips parted, fixing the microphone in his ear.

"Yeah...", she seems unsure as she tips back and forth on her feet, "Look, Taehyung, I'm sorry."

"Eunjin, you don't have to-"

"I still want to be around you and spend time with you", she cuts him off before he can stop her, "I just don't want you to be an overprotective asshole."

With a small sigh and a slight nod, he gives a half-smile, "I'll try."

As the soundcheck commences, she joins Moonhae on the sidelines off of the stage. Together they watch the boys run through their set list of songs. During one of their breaks, Jungkook walks over nonchalantly, hovering around Eunjin with his hands in his pockets.

"Hey, Eunie, can I talk to you for a second?", he finally says as Moonhae seems to be drilling holes into him with her suspicious stare.

"Yeah, sure", she moves to follow him.

Making sure to take off his microphone and sound pack, he leads her to the backstage area. Once they enter one of the empty dressing rooms, Jungkook locks the door behind him and turns to her with a smirk. Eunjin, on the other hand, stands there with her arms crossed, slightly disgruntled.

"What's wrong?", he asks when seeing her expression.

"So we're not even trying to hide this from anyone anymore?", she huffs.