Messed Up

October 2017

Ever since the meeting with Bang PD, Moon's life has been uprooted and turned into a complete chaos. As soon as her entertainment company got wind that she wanted to sign over to Big Hit, they completely halted all of her performances and appearances. For a whole month it was like she didn't even exist in the k-pop world. Of course her fans were worried, but there was no way of letting them know what was going on, for all of her social media accounts had been frozen as well. The empty schedule by no means meant a vacation, she was immediately littered with lawyer meetings and court proceedings.

She was in and out of the Big Hit headquarters all the time, but barely had time to talk to her favorite seven people.

"You're in a huge mess", Namjoon leans against one of the door frames in the hallway with his arms crossed. She's just come out of a meeting with Bang PD.

"Oh, really?", she eyes him sarcastically. 

"How do you keep getting yourself into situations like these?", his tone sounds reproachful.

"Well, I'm sorry if people keep taking advantage of me", she scoffs at him.

"You ever thought that maybe you're part of the problem?"

Her narrowed eyes meet his. They're not very telling. What is he getting at?

"I don't see how it's my fault if my manager is a terrible person", she answers, irritated.

"He wants to drop you because you're difficult, Moonhae", Namjoon's words tumble out like he's been wanting to say them for a while, "You make things complicated. You always have. Who on earth switches entertainment companies in k-pop? No matter how tough their work schedule gets. And now you're going to sign over to Big Hit... How long before you get tired of the people here and start causing drama? You always do this. I don't want you to bring all that to the company, we have enough going on."

Moon stares at him in silence, her mouth hanging slightly open. She can't deny it stings to hear him talk about her like this.

"I'm not switching labels because my work schedule is tough", she spits the phrase out like she's disgusted, "And it wasn't even my idea in the first place. Also, since when do I deliberately cause drama?"

"I don't know, Moon. Maybe it just follows you around", he lets out an exasperated sigh and leans his head back against the door frame, closing his eyes for a moment, "Doesn't hanging out with the others remind you of how our friend group used to be?"

"No, not at all", she shakes her head, "We were really fucking messed up back then, Namjoon. How can that remind you of the members now?"

"You don't think we're messed up now?", when he looks at her again, his eyes seem sad and tired.

It stops her for a moment. She thinks of her parents, with whom nothing had really changed from back then other than the fact that she moved away from all that drama. She then thinks of Yoongi, who struggles every morning to get on his feet when his depression is pulling him down. She thinks of Taehyung, who blames himself for not being there for his family enough. She thinks of Jimin, who is his own worst enemy every single day, degrading his own appearance and worth. They have had countless of deep discussions over the past months and she's come to know their struggles as well. In a way, they are as messed up as her previous friend group with Namjoon.

The sorry in her expression is enough understanding for Namjoon to continue, "Bringing you into the company... It'll be the same way as when our friend group fell apart."

"That friend group did not fall apart because of me!", Moon raises her agitated voice, "We split into different groups when you and Minseo broke up!"