The Kiss pt.2

April 2018

Right after her conversation with Jimin, Moonhae returns to her own room to get her thoughts in order. There's just too much going through her head.

I think you know what to do if you like him back.

What do you want to do?

Jimin's words echo through her mind.

Everything's become so uncertain for her now, because everything she wanted changed with that one kiss.

It was completely different than when she had kissed Yoongi to see if she had feelings for him. She had known then and there that he could never be more than a friend to her. But with Taehyung...

There had been moments before when her heart fluttered, because of the way he looked at her.  That one movie night where she had talked about her ideal love, but then seeing him right in front of her, it all became too real too fast. He was her friend and like with the others, it was weird to see him any other way. But after what he said a couple days ago, the way he held her, the way he touched her, the way her kissed her, something changed in her heart. She felt a sensation in her stomach she hasn't felt in a long time. One that left her wanting more. At the same time she's afraid of that feeling. Afraid of it overcoming her. Afraid of loosing control over her life again.

Taehyung. The boy who's been supporting her since the day they met. The one who's seen her at her lowest, comforted her at her worst. The boy with the big heart.

What does he mean to her?

Everything.

That night she hurries along the hallways of the Bangtan boys' floor, her goal set in mind. Once she's standing in front the door, which when it's opened will change everything, she wavers a little. She's afraid of what she might do when she sees him.

Taking a deep breath, however, she gathers enough to courage to knock. After a few moments, a disheveled looking Taehyung opens the door a crack. He looks exhausted, depressed and upset. Something tightens in her chest.

"Moonhae?", his lips part in surprise.

"Can I come in?", she asks softly.

"Sure", he mumbles before opening the door wide enough for her to step in.

"We need to talk", she announces as soon as the door is shut again.

"I know...", Taehyung runs his hand through his brunette tousled hair and lets himself drop onto the foot of his bed.

Moon stands above him, about to open her mouth when he's first to speak.

"I'm so sorry, Moonhae", he hangs his head, "I overstepped my boundaries when I knew you were still hurting. I shouldn't have done that. And I totally understand that you're upset. If it's alright with you, and we can somehow manage it, I just want to go back to being friends... The way it used to be."

There's a moment of silence, neither of them say a word.

"What if I don't want that?", Moonhae eventually responds, making him look up at her in worry.

She takes a step closer towards him, gazing down upon him. His doe eyes are interlocked with her's, there's heartache, fear and anticipation written in them. His lips - the lips that made her feel things she's never felt before- glisten in the dim light from his tongue running over them again. His body, the way he leans back, his black shirt hugging at his muscles, makes her fingertips tingle.

"W-what do you want then?", he gulps, something in her expression has changed, her eyes are narrowed. Is that a smile forming at the corners of her mouth? 

Before Taehyung can even think about what's going on, she straddles him at the end of the bed, pushing herself up against him. With both hands on his shoulders, she meets his lips passionately. He immediately kisses her back, one hand running through her wavy hair, the other stabilizing her hips on top of him. Her tongue now slips inside his mouth, tracing his own, much less harmless than their first kiss. He bites at her bottom lip, making her moan into him softly.

She can feel it now: This is exactly what she wants. Nothing has ever felt more right.

Not wanting to break their kisses, she pushes him backwards bit by bit until his back reaches the pillows at the headboard. Letting his tongue explore her mouth now, she slides her dainty hand over his toned stomach, tugging his shirt up along with it.

Taehyung suddenly pulls away, chest rising and falling, his almond eyes longingly searching her face.

"Is this really what you want?", his voice has become raspy with lust.

"It is", she confides sensually. 

Instead of continuing their make-out session, however, she nuzzles up to the boy lying underneath her, placing her head against his firm chest, wrapping an arm around his waist and intertwining with him. He cradles her, letting his own head rest back against the pillows.

"Does that mean you like me back?", he seems scared to ask, despite her acts of affection.

"I think it really does", she whispers.

They don't realize they've fallen asleep until the sound of a phone ringing wakes them up the next morning. Taehyung stirs, rubbing his eyes and Moonhae releases him from their entwined sleeping position. He rolls over and grabs the phone, sliding to answer, his face puffy and eyelids barely open.

"Hello?", his voice is even deeper in the morning, this time it stirs something in Moon's abdomen.

There's some irritated talking going on on the other end of the line. It sounds like Jimin.

"Oh, shit. Sorry, I'll be right there", Taehyung apologizes frantically, finally looking at the time.

As soon as he hangs up, she also jumps up from the bed.

"How is it already this late?", she stresses, pulling her shoes on.

"I don't know...", he quickly covers that he's wearing the clothes from the night before by slipping a pullover over his head.

"Tae, can you not tell anyone about us yet?", she eyes him seriously, her hand on the doorknob, ready to leave.

"What exactly is us?", he bites his bottom lip.

"Are you seriously asking me that right this second?", she whines.

"You're right, bad question", he runs his hand through his hair, before stepping closer towards her in the doorway, "How about we have dinner tonight then. After work, 9pm here?"

"Actually, I'd like that a lot", she can't help but let a silly grin spread across her face. The kind high school girls get when their crush asks them out.

With blushing cheeks and a shy demeanor, he plants a small goodbye kiss on her lips. She wants to wrap her arms around him, deepen the kiss, but she refrains herself. Opening the door, she steps out with a different kind of glow. She's definitely falling fast.

"Where the hell were you?", Jimin rushes Taehyung into the practice room.

"I overslept", he scratches the back of his head nervously.

"Is that why you look so shitty? Anyway, we've been waiting almost an hour to do the choreography", he informs him, getting in position with the others.

Taehyung stares back at himself in the large mirror in front of them. He actually looks like he just rolled out of bed. Running another hand through his hair, he attempts to fix it, but it doesn't help much.

"Are you wearing the same thing as yesterday?", Yoongi eyes him skeptically.

"Uh, no..."

"Ooh, you must be banging some chic", Jungkook chuckles, bunny teeth showing, "Is it the new stylist?"

"W-what? N-no!", Taehyung stammers, his palms growing increasingly sweaty, "Can we just please do the choreography already?"

It was the start of one hell of a week. Maybe one hell of a lifetime.