Secrets

March 2019

When Moonhae was released from the hospital, having healed enough to begin her at home rehabilitation, she temporarily moved into Taehyung's room, it being easier to access the Big Hit studios from there and the fact that Taehyung never wanted to leave her side anymore coming into play. Most of March was spent learning how to walk and move again and most importantly getting her voice back to a good state she can sing in. Exhaustion became a part of her everyday life as she pushed herself further and further each day to get somewhat back to normal.

The day her neck brace is taken off, a huge weight of anxiety that was resting on her shoulders falls off along with it. Although her neck is frighteningly bruised from wearing it all that time, she regains a glint of calmness as her throat feels free from its constraints once again.

A few days later, the boys being back from their shows in Hong Kong, she asks some of her dance coaches and Hoseok if they can do some simple movements with her to slowly get back in the game.

"You're sure about this?", Hoseok looks down into her eyes, slightly worried.

"I'm fine, Hobi. Besides, I have to start somewhere. I'm not going to let this injury take my life away", she tells him confidently.

"She should be okay. We can start with something simple: No jumping and not too much neck movement", one of the dance coaches interjects.

"Ok...", Hoseok mulls it over for a second before coming up with a few simple dance moves, "Follow my lead."

With Hoseok's gentle guidance and the help of her dance teachers, she follows his motions carefully. The rhythm of the music they start playing guides her and for a moment she feels like her old self. The undamaged version.

"Good! You're doing really great!", he beams at her encouragingly, "How about this?"

Making a soft body roll and swaying around, she tries to copy the movement, but the stiffness in her neck won't let up, so it ends up looking choppy and robotic.

"Your neck?", he asks apologetically when she swears under her breath, massaging it gently.

"It's fine though, just annoying", she assures him, telling him to continue their lesson.

As she keeps pushing herself to follow his dancing, however, light-headedness starts creeping in again. Brushing the feeling off, she just smiles and nods when Hoseok asks her repeatedly if she's alright. Every motion he makes she wants to - she needs to- prove to herself she can do it as well. They're the easiest of dance moves, the very foundation of what her choreographies are built upon and if she doesn't get back on track soon, her career may very well be over.

So even when her field of vision slowly starts blacking out, she completes the dance step he's demonstrating. With a soft sigh she sways on her feet in the pose, before blinking her eyes forcefully, trying to regain her vision.

"Moonhae?", Hoseok turns to her as she didn't respond to his previous question.

Watching her eyes roll back into her head and her body faltering, to everyone's horrification she limply drops to the floor. Hoseok runs to her immediately, gently shaking her unconscious form to get her to wake up.

"Moonhae!", his eyes dart around worriedly, blaming himself for pushing her too far with the training.

"Get the medical staff", one of the dance teachers orders another, leaning over the girl to get her feet up and starting to fan oxygen back towards her.

Within the next few minutes their on-site medical workers rush into the studio, followed closely by a distraught Taehyung.

"What the hell happened?", he runs towards Moonhae, but leaves room for her to get treatment.