Jealousy

June 2018

"Honestly, Yoongi, just tell them", Hoseok nudges his friend towards the other members, all sitting neatly in the lounge room.

They all lean forward attentively, searching the boy's shy expression as they await an explanation. Fidgeting with the long sleeves of his hoodie, Yoongi looks down at his feet, thinking back to his conversation with Hoseok just before their album release.

"I know this is about Moonhae", Hoseok had said back then.

"What do you mean?", Yoongi answered, pulling his legs up towards his chest on the comfy desk chair.

"You're shutting yourself in the studio and you're not sleeping. You only do that when you're depressed", the younger crossed his arms, but his eyes were soft.

"If that's the case then I must get depressed all the time", he scoffed back, but his expression fell at the truth his statement held.

"Yoongi, I know you fell in love with Moonhae. And I know it's hard to see her with one of your closest friends. But you have to open up to the rest of us. We get worried", he leaned against the desk covered with Yoongi's notes on new music.

The dark haired boy remained silent for a moment.

"How are you guys so good with all of this?", he finally spoke again, sounding defeated.

Hoseok knew exactly what he meant, "We were just faster at working through our feelings. I mean, in a way, we all knew that nothing would happen with Moonhae for us."

"...Well, I didn't know that. I've never met a girl like her. There's no one I respect in music more than her. There's no one I respect more, period. I really thought that I might end up with her", his voice broke at the last sentence.

Hoseok didn't say anything more, already having crushed Yoongi's facade, causing him to sob quietly in his chair. He put his arms around his friend, comforting him softly and he didn't let go of the heartbroken boy. Yoongi never cries.

Now he stands in front of the rest of his members, excluding Taehyung, knowing he'll have to share his feelings once more. Glancing at Hoseok's encouraging smile again, he sighs.

"I fell in love with Moonhae", he finally says in a small voice, not meeting any of their eyes, "And I'm having a hard time dealing with their relationship, that's why I've been distant... But I'm doing a little better I think."

He's never mentioned to anyone how she kissed him a couple months back and broke his heart once more and he sure as hell isn't going to mention it now.

"See? That wasn't so hard", Hoseok smiles and Yoongi glares up at him, "Now everyone, make him feel better!"

"Well, honestly, I was also kind of jealous of them until I saw how much they cared about each other", Jimin admits.

"Yeah, same", Jungkook adds, "I definitely wouldn't have minded being with Moonhae. But Taehyung and her... They're really great together."

"Well, I've been down that road before, Yoongi and I can tell you: You probably dodged a bullet", Namjoon chimes in.

"Wow, nice, Namjoon", Jimin kicks him from across the couch.

"Ow!", he moves away from him, "I was just kidding! Anyone's lucky to have her, it's just she's a bit difficult sometimes."

"Ok, so basically everyone's been in love with her", Yoongi crosses his arms.

"Nope, not me", Jin gives a goofy grin, "I have a girlfriend."

"Jin was going to ask her out when we first met her", Namjoon quickly exposes him.

"I was not!", the elder retorts, slapping his friend's arm.