The Aftermath

April 2021

"You did not have to make a scene like that at dinner", Moonhae scolds Taehyung for the tenth time the next day. Getting ready for the concert tonight, he has no choice but to listen.

"Yeah, but I had to say something! Who knows what Jungkook was doing to her?", he shoots back, trying not to picture them together.

"Tae, your sister is very capable of making her own decisions", she tells him.

"Yeah, but not when it comes to Jungkook", he starts ranting, "Am I the only one who remembers Jiyoo? He led her on so bad, she got together with Namjoon just to be close to him. And when he finally admitted he never loved her, guess who saw the aftermath of that? I didn't even like her and I felt bad for her. Imagine that being my sister."

"But it wasn't. That was Jiyoo. Call me delusional, but I actually believe Jungkook has feelings for Eunjin", Moon tries to reason.

"You're delusional", he merely responds.

"Oh my god, Tae", she can't help rolling her eyes at how stubborn he's become, "Fine, you can believe whatever you want, but that won't stop them from seeing each other."

"But...", he doesn't come up with anything, so he makes an unhappy whining noise instead.

"Well, that's it", Moonhae gets up from the couch they've been sitting on, "We're not having any kids cause I've obviously already got one."

"Nooo!", Taehyung jumps up after her before she can leave the ready room, "But I want kids!"

"I know", she turns to him with a cold smile, "Five of them to be exact. And I ain't giving you that."

"B-but", he grabs her wrist before she turns away, "If I'm an adult about the Eunjin and Jungkook situation, will you give me kids?"

Looking at his pleading face for a moment and trying to hold back her laughter, she slowly considers, "Hmm... Maybe one."

"Just one?", he drops her hand in disappointment.

"And not anytime soon", she flicks his nose while he pouts, "We're not even close to being married."

"Jin and Hyunae are getting married and they've only been together a little longer than we have", he tells her with puckered lips.

"Jin and Hyunae have always had their shit together", she feigns a soft tone, "Us? Not so much."

"One day though...", he pokes at her and she can't help but giggle a little.

"I heard Jin's going to announce it at the concert tonight", she then changes her demeanor, slightly worried about army's reactions, "Is he going through with it?"

"Yeah", Taehyung scratches the back of his head, "The company gave him the go-ahead, because he also has to tell his fans about his military service and it's best if they hear it from him directly."

"He must be terrified of the responses though. No one has the slightest idea that he's been dating her for the past three and a half years", she voices her worries.

"He is... But he's finally ready to tell them."

There's a pause before Taehyung's expression changes to be playful again, "You know, you can sit in the crowd with Hyunae and support her... and maybe she'll talk about some wedding stuff... and maybe you'll get some ideas..."

"Kim Taehyung, respectfully, shut the fuck up", she gives him an unamused stare.

"Alright, alright", he laughs, pulling her back into the room, "No more wedding talk, I promise. Will you help me get ready for the concert though?"