Babies

October 2023

Taehyung carries big baby Haneul into the practice room at work. Almost immediately all of his hyungs jump up in excitement. Every time he brings Haneul to work everyone loves it and starts playing around with the adorable baby boy.

"Ah, Haneul!", Jimin smiles widely at him in his father's arms. His playful demeanor earns a cute giggle from the baby.

"Wow, he's gotten so chubby", Hoseok starts laughing while admiring him.

"He's not chubby", Taehyung gets defensive, "Yeah, he weighs a bit more than the average eight month old, but that just means we feed him well."

"You feed him a lot", Jungkook chuckles.

"Shut up", he pouts in response.

"Don't be like that around Haneul", Jimin starts talking in a baby voice while making gestures at the boy, "His first words may be shut up, if you're not careful."

After Jimin pats the baby on the head and he giggles, Taehyung rolls his eyes.

"Alright, watch this", he sets his son on the floor, sitting down right in front of him, "Haneul, say Appa."

Haneul giggles cutely and waves his arms up and down while looking at Taehyung's expectant eyes and then at the other six pairs of eyes on him.

"Haneul, say Ap-pa", he repeats again.

"Ap-pa", Haneul pops out as his attention stays focused on his father. With the other guys cheering excitedly, the happy sounds make him all giggly again.

"Good job, Haneul!", Taehyung praises his boy, taking his tiny hands into his and moving them up and down in elation.

"Haneul, say Kookie", Jungkook sits down next to Taehyung, "Koo-kie."

Even though Haneul's eyes are wide at Jungkook's interesting face making the same sounds over and over again, he doesn't quite understand.

Instead he lets out an excited "Ouui!" and waves his arms again.

"Good, but not quite", Jungkook wiggles his thumbs at him, "It's Koo-kie. Koo-kie."

"Here, look what else he can do", Taehyung puts an end to the maknae's hopeless goal by pulling out his phone and searching for a song to play.

As IDOL starts playing over his speaker, he turns the volume up. Haneul gets even more excited with the sensory overload and not only moves his arms to the music, but also kicks his legs up and down. If he wasn't sitting in the middle of the floor, he would be able to pull himself up to stand with the help of a chair or something.

Seeing the way the baby reacts, all the Bangtan members starts dancing along enthusiastically, getting hyped themselves. They're all so wired that only Jungkook, who's still sitting across from Haneul, notices the change in the baby's behavior. His movements stop and his expression contorts to look somewhat uncomfortable.

"Hyung?", Jungkook calls Taehyung.

"Yeah?", he stops dancing and turns to the younger.

"Why is he making that face?", he asks, his eyes still glued to the child.

"I don't know", Taehyung looks closely at him, his baby's mouth opening and closing while his eyebrows scrunch together.

He decides to stop the music, but the next thing he knows Haneul throws up over himself.

"Oh no", he blinks in surprise before rushing forward to take care of his sick son.

Haneul obviously starts crying with vomit dripping down his face and making his clothes all sticky, so Taehyung picks him up and grabs a nearby towel to clean him up. Then, while holding the baby in one arm, he takes his phone in the other hand and calls Moonhae.