The Photographer

July 2020

"Dispatch has done it again y'all, are we even surprised?"

Jin stands at the head of the table, sliding his phone across the surface for everyone to see. The members were minding their own business, just eating lunch during their break as they usually do. Now Jin seems to have found a new issue to bring up.

"What is it?", Jungkook barely looks up from the bowl of ramen he's scarfing down.

Namjoon, who is staring at Jin's phone screen, has his jaw drop in surprise.

"Are you kidding?", he glances up at Jin and then at Jimin, who's seated across from him.

"I wish I was", Jin scoffs with his arms crossed.

"What?", Jimin seems confused, his cheeks stuffed with rice as he glances up from his food.

"Show me that", Hoseok suddenly reaches across the table to grab Jin's phone, "Oh shit."

"What?", the maknae line gets a little impatient, but is still too preoccupied with eating to take a look at the phone themselves.

"BTS's Park Jimin spotted in Dongdaemun lingerie shop", Hoseok reads out for everyone.

Jimin chokes on his food, almost spewing out his rice as he tries to regain himself. Both Jungkook and Taehyung, which he's sitting in between of, try patting him on the back to dislodge the food stuck in his throat. Eventually calming himself, he takes a swig of water, coughing lightly into his hand.

"What the fuck?", he croaks, still hunched over from choking.

"And you said I was the idiot", Jungkook rolls his eyes, thinking back to his scandal, which was much less significant in his opinion.

"Jimin why though?", Yoongi interjects with an annoyed expression, "Everyone knows to order stuff like that online."

"I just- I- But-", he stammers to find words, "There was no one in that mall though!"

"Dispatch apparently was", Jin whistles through his teeth.

"Fuck", he buries his head in his hands, leaning his elbows against the table in frustration.

"Well, it's not the end of the world...", Taehyung leans forward to comfort him, "It's not like they know who you were buying lingerie for."

"Yeah, only that army found out about Jimin's obvious crush on Aya last year", Jungkook conquers sheepishly.

"Yeah, but how would they know that he's dating her now? It could be anyone", Taehyung argues.

"I mean, for all they know, I could've bought the lingerie for myself, right?", Jimin suggests hopefully, but only receives solemn head shaking from his hyungs.

"No, Jimin... I don't think anyone would think that", Namjoon tells him honestly.

"Bang PD's gonna hate me", the boy in trouble then groans.

"You certainly won't be his favorite person for a while", Yoongi mutters, nonchalantly stretching back in his seat.

"Like that title was ever up for grabs anyway", Namjoon scoffs, "Ever since Moon came to the company she's been his favorite."

"He's just happy to see how much money you can make with a female solo act", Jin waves him off.

"Sex sells", Yoongi says under his breath.

"Excuse you", Taehyung shoots his hyung a deadly glare.

"But he actually loves her though", Namjoon shrugs, knowing Bang PD gets fed up with her so often, yet under all that really cares for her.