Bruised

December 2017

Taehyung makes his way towards Moonhae's room down the hallway. It's a Sunday evening and they're meeting up for their weekly movie session. Never being able to sleep anyways, Taehyung is glad to have something to stay up for.

He knocks on her door, clutching the DVD in one hand and balancing a bowl of popcorn in the other.

"Tae!", Moonhae beams as she swings the door open, inviting him inside.

When the boys had first met Moonhae, she seemed rather cold and judging, like she appeared on camera. Ever since they started hanging out while writing music, however, she warmed up to them. She almost became as silly as they were. Those pouting red lips she has, turn to a smile far more often when she's around them.

"What are we watching?", she asks him while arranging the covers on her bed.

"Midnight in Paris", he informs her, walking over to the TV opposite of the bed. She hung it up exactly where he had suggested it.

"Ooh, romantic", she whistles before sitting down on the bed, leaning against propped up pillows.

After sliding the DVD into the player, he grabs the remote and joins Moon on the bed, who pulls the fluffy covers over both of them. The movie begins to play and he places the bowl of popcorn in between them. Every once in a while he'll glance over towards her, seeing her reactions to certain scenes. Seeing the way she widens those cat-like eyes when something surprising happens or scrunching her upturned button nose when someone says something stupid. Her side profile glows perfectly in the dim light of the movie screen. He has to remind himself that she has a boyfriend. The way Jungkook reminds himself the kiss he shared with her was just a drunken dare.

"That's so sad", Moon pouts at the end of the movie, "He didn't even try to make things right again..."

"She did cheat on him", Taehyung points out.

Moon pulls the covers over her head, almost causing the popcorn to tip over.

"Hey, you're getting popcorn all over your bed!", Taehyung saves the bowl, then eyes Moon's squirming figure under the covers.

"Are you crying?", he chuckles.

She immediately pops her head out, her hair now a tangled mess, and stares at him with pouted lips, "When have you ever seen me cry?"

Taehyung has seen her puffy red eyes countless of times and knows how much she struggles, but he's never seen her cry. Yoongi and Jimin have. And they knew exactly how to comfort her. It almost makes him jealous.

"Never", he sticks out his tongue and bites down on it, a teasing smile.

"Exactly. Besides, I never cry because of movies", she stretches and the covers fall off of her.

For a moment her hoodie collar shifts and Taehyung catches sight of some dark bruises near her neck and shoulders. His expression immediately darkens.

"Moon...", he can't help but say.

"Yeah?", she looks surprised at his change of tone, "What is it?"

"Nothing...", he doesn't want to make her feel bad. She's still smiling and having a good time.

"What is it, Taehyungie?", she bounces onto all fours and playfully leans her head towards him.

He shakes his head and tries to escape her gaze.

"Tell me! What is it?", she complains like a child.

"Tell meeee", she tries to turn his face towards her again and he starts getting annoyed.