Suspicions

December 2018

After a month of filming in Japan, Moonhae is sent back to Korea until the beginning of next year. While she was working abroad, however, Big Hit arranged a new apartment for her to stay in. It's not far from the Bangtan boys' dorm building, but nevertheless none of them are thrilled about the whole thing. Of course it does help keep dating rumors to a minimum.

As soon as she's moved in though, she finds that those seven pesky boys somehow keep winding up at her doorstep. It mostly starts with Jimin following Taehyung to her apartment and the next thing she knows the others arrive like there's a party going on. Even Yoongi who's been distant to her for months now, visits her from time to time. They've started writing music again together and their rough patch has seemed to faze itself out on its own.

On a Friday night in particular Moonhae finds herself stuck in her living room in the midst of unpacked boxes. She's been so busy and much too lazy to finish all of her unpacking, so she's left it this way for weeks now. Letting out a big sigh, she wishes there would be someone to help.

As if on cue, she hears voices from the hallway. Loud and chaotic voices, which can only mean one thing.

"Hajimaaaa!", Jin's yelling cannot be ignored, "I told you not step on my shoes, they're new!"

"Shhh!", Jimin shushes everyone, "We want to surprise her for army!"

"I don't think we should-", Taehyung is cut off by loud knocking on her front door.

Reluctantly, she trails towards the entrance and opens the door. Immediately, she's greeted by Hoseok holding a camera in her face.

"Surprise!", they cheer, "Say hello to army!"

"What the fuck are you doing?", she furrows her brow in confusion at the scene in front of her. All seven expressions simultaneously fall once she says that.

"Shit, we're live, Moonhae! You can't swear!", Jungkook scolds her.

"Jungkook, you idiot!", Jin almost smacks the maknae over the head.

"Just pretend like it didn't happen", Namjoon hisses at them before continuing in an overly cheerful voice, "We're filming a vlive for army and they wanted to see you!"

"Oh... Hello, army!", she waves awkwardly at the camera, then grabs Namjoon's ear harshly towards her and growls at him, "My place is full of boxes, there's no fucking way you're filming your stupid live in here."

"Ahahaha", Namjoon laughs through the pain and pulls his ear away from her forceful grip, talking loudly for army to hear, "She said she'd love to have us over!"

"Yaaaaaay!", Hoseok skips into the apartment excitedly, followed by the other members.

Once the camera pans off of them, Moonhae purposely steps on Namjoon's toes.

"What the hell!", she whisper-shouts.

"Ow!", he whines.

"Hey, hey", Taehyung pushes them apart, "I told you this wasn't a good idea."

"It's fine", Namjoon assures them, "Just do the vlive, answer some fan questions and everyone will be happy. The managers encouraged us to go over here."

"Probably to show that I don't live with you guys anymore", she scoffs.

"Yes, now will you let us stay for about thirty minutes? Then we'll be out of your hair."

"...Fine", she gives in with a pout, "But only if someone helps me clean up a little so the fans don't think I'm a total slob."

"I'll help", Taehyung smiles and lovingly brushes a lock of hair behind her ear.