Wake Up

January 2019

"What are we going to tell the fans, PDnim?", one of the managers urges the man standing outside the hospital room.

"She's in a coma. What are we supposed to tell them?", he replies exhaustedly.

"They think she's dead. We need something to calm them down."

"We don't know if she's ever going to wake up. Maybe it's better if they assume the worst", he responds defeatedly.

"But we have to release some sort of statement..."

"Aish, I know!", Bang PD gets agitated, his worry about the girl overcoming him, "I'm sorry, let's just talk to Taehyung first. Right now he's not in a state he can work in. Even the other boys are having a hard time."

The manager follows the man into the dim room, congregating behind him at foot of the patient's bed. Bang PD stares sadly at the couple in front of him. The couple who's always caused him so much trouble, but has always painted a rare smile on his face at the end of the day. They now lie broken in front of him and he doesn't know how to respond.

"Taehyung", he says deeply, causing the boy to turn his way in his chair, "You have to come back to the dorms sometime."

"I can't...", he croaks in a hoarse voice, "What about her?"

"I know she means everything to you, but you still have a life to live. A career to handle. This is hard to hear, but you can't just sit here and wait for a girl who may never wake up", he gives him tough love, the only way he knows how to handle situations like these.

Taehyung just stares back at Bang PD with a horrified expression. To him, there's no way he could ever do anything again if Moonhae doesn't wake up. The fact that he referred to her as just a girl turns his stomach over.

"Get out", a dark voice suddenly sounds out in the doorway.

They turn to see Yoongi standing there, his face painted in agitation.

"How can you talk like that?", he has his eyes narrowed at Bang PD, "Like she doesn't have a meaning in the world. Get out."

The elder lowers his head, slightly in shame, but mostly in sorrow, sighing loudly at Yoongi's words. He knows how much the boys are hurting and that he's not helping the process of healing.

"Please come back to the dorms soon", he pleads one last time before simply exiting with the other manager closely behind him.

Yoongi immediately draws closer to Taehyung, his face now falling apologetically, yet still upset.

"Don't ever let anyone talk about her that way", he tells the boy sitting solemnly in front of him, "I don't care if it's the man you owe everything to. She's not just a girl."

Taehyung suddenly grabs the brunette, wrapping his arms around him tightly. Yoongi breathes in sharply at first, but gradually relaxes into his friend's longing hold, knowing he needs the comfort. The younger is ever so grateful that his hyung voiced what he couldn't at the moment. The understanding is more than enough for him right now.

"Oh my god! I heard the horrible news! Is she going to be alright?", Jiyoo bounces into the dance studio and rushes towards the boys standing around lifelessly.

Jungkook avoids her eyes as his jaw clenches. The others can only sigh and tell her they're not sure what will happen.

"Kookie, I feel so terrible about everything! All of you must be miserable. Aw, Kookie, you're really upset", she steps towards her boyfriend.