Christmas (m)

December 2019

"You sly motherfucker", Taehyung smirks through his phone screen at the boy on the other end of the FaceTime call.

Moonhae, who's snickering at the whole exchange from her seat across from her boyfriend, lies lazily as she stares out the train window watching the scenery pass by.

"How is it possible that she became your girlfriend on the first date and now you're literally in another country to visit her just before the holidays?", Taehyung scoffs loudly.

"Ah, it's not like that", Jimin waves him off with a blush, "We hung out a lot before our first date and after as well. Now we finally got some days off before Christmas, so of course I'd use them to visit her."

"Taehyung just thinks you're moving fast", Moon joins the conversation.

"Well I'm sorry we don't have the luxury of living in the same building", Jimin takes a jab at the couple, "We're not moving fast if all I'm doing is visiting her. She's my girlfriend, of course I have to see her."

"I just wanna know what on earth you could've said to her to have her fall for you so quickly", Taehyung shakes his head in disbelief.

"I charmed her socks off just like you told me to", he jokes back, "But seriously, she liked me as well, she was only scared of being in a relationship with me."

"That's what she told me", Moon agrees.

"She loves it now though. I don't think she's ever had anyone who's showered her with as many kisses as I have", he beams proudly.

"Alright, keep it clean, Jimin", she cringes at his remarks.

"You've been studying Japanese day and night, you doing well being there on your own?", Taehyung smirks.

"I didn't study that much", he grumbles in return, downplaying the hours upon hours he spent with his nose in textbooks to freshen up his Japanese.

"Sure you didn't", he smiles.

"Oh here's the flower shop now, I gotta go buy her a bouquet before I get to her place. See you later!", he says goodbye and hangs up.

"Ah, Jimin in a relationship. How much I've missed that", Taehyung sighs fondly.

"You have?", she eyes him.

"Yeah, he's a lot nicer when he has someone."

"He's also a lot more annoying", she grimaces.

"You don't find the idea of being showered in kisses a nice one?", he grins, getting up from his seat and leaning down to press little pecks all over her face.

"No, I don't", she groans when he plops himself down on her lap, snuggling into her, "Get off, you're heavy!"

They eventually arrive at Taehyung's grandparents' farmhouse that they'll be spending Christmas at although both of them passed away a few years ago. The farmhouse stayed in their family's possession and acts as a place of fond memories and also Taehyung's childhood home.

His parents welcome them into the house excitedly, greeting both with warm hugs and kind words. Taehyung lingers in their embraces, having missed them for so long.

"You know what your grandma would say...", his mother looks him up and down.

"What?", he blinks innocently.

"You're far too skinny. We'll fatten you up over the holidays, huh?", she smiles warmly.

"Eomma!", he whines.