CHAPTER 2

Asher's POV:
How does women depend on a man entirely, I would never get it! That woman in the café she was so ignorant that her boyfriend came to her rescue and apologised.

I was in a hurry so I let her go, if it was a different situation she and her boyfriend would have had it. Seeing that her boyfriend know who I was I would leave it to his imagination the consequences of saying I was a bastard.

Because of that woman I had to go back to my office again and change my clothes. By the time I came to Campbell & Co. I was late by 5 min and my reputation of being a man on time was spoiled because of that café lady.

I entered the conference room and was greeted by Mr. Campbell and we took our seat and began the meeting.

This deal is important to both the Campbells and the Kings. So when everything is going on smoothly we heard a knock and my dad along with is secretary came in.

"Hello Mr. King" MR. Campbell greeted standing up.

"Everyone please leave the room I have something to discuss with Mr. Campbell personally" dad said and everyone left the room except me.

"Son everyone includes you also. So please leave the room" dad said.

"But dad this is my deal I will stay here" I said to let him know I am not going anywhere in between this. Dad gave a look which meant not to mess with him now so I left the room.

When I went out I saw the woman from before coming towards here. Behind her is her boyfriend tagging along. I guess this couple doesn't know the difference between professional and personal work.

"Mr. King" my secretary Adam called me and to which I turned to him from that couple.

"Yes?" I asked him to continue.

"Mr. King asked you to leave and meet him for dinner tonight at the mansion" he said.

"Okay you go back to office I have somewhere else to go" I said to him and left from there.

I should clear my mind from the things happening first that café woman now my dad I guess it is not my day today. I went to the cliff where I usually go to clear my mind when things become hectic.

After spending sometime there and calming myself I checked the time and it was almost dinner time. So I got up and went to my car when I saw someone standing alone on the beach far away.

I just let it go as I know everyone needs their time alone so I started my car and drove towards the mansion.

When I went inside I was greeted by Gracy our housekeeper who was staying with us from so many years.

"Hi Gracy how are you doing?" I asked her, she smiled and said "I am good how are you Asher?" to which I nodded and went up to my room where I still have spare clothes though I moved out a year ago.

I showered and changed into fresh clothes when someone knocked my door "Come in" I said.

Gracy entered the room and said "Mr. & Mrs. King are waiting for you in the dining room" she said and left from there.
I went down and greeted my mom by giving her a hug and sat down at the table in my place.

"So why did you call me all of a sudden?" I asked my dad.

"First have dinner we will talk about it later in my study" he said and went back to his food.

His behaviour seemed something off but I let it go and listened to what mom was saying. But there is something they are hiding seeing how even mom was a bit tensed though she was talking non-stop.
After dinner I and dad went to his study and he took his seat near his table while I sat on the other side.