CHAPTER 32

Asher's POV:

After shooting Keith and saw him dropping dead, Emma introduced me to Liam telling me that he is the one who sent us the location of this place.

I couldn't take my hands off her even for a second in fear of losing her again if I let her go.

Liam explained everything from the start on how it was Keith's plan all along and how Liam was one of the victims but couldn't do anything but support his cruel ways.

As we were talking the Sheriff came to us asking to complete some formalities so they could clear the scene and take away Keith's body.

Thinking about him alone makes my blood boil wanting to kill him numerous times.

We were talking about something when I heard a bullet sound and immediately turned to Emma and saw her lying on the floor and Liam is in front of her covered in blood.

I rushed towards her seeing that Keith regained his conscious and hated myself for just assuming how he was dead by leaving him there.

There was another bullet sound but this time I was the one who fell backwards and at the same time I heard my name being screamed by the most beautiful voice I thought I would never hear.

Though the pain was making me lose my conscious slowly I couldn't let the smile go away from my face.

My Emma was able to talk and for hearing her say my name I would take hundred more bullets if needed.

I felt her hands on my cheek and could hear her horse voice calling my name desperately asking me to be awake.

"Emma" was the only thing I was able to utter before blackness consumed me.

Emma's POV:

I ran to him seeing him fall and blood coming out shouting his name even though it is hurting me to talk.

"Asher! Don't close your eyes" I said in a hoarse voice touching him so he would stay consciousness.

"Emma" I heard him call my name and he lost his conscious.

"Asher No! No! Stay with me" I tried saying in between my cries but it came out in a low whisper.

At the same time few people came and took Asher outside and I got up and followed him to the ambulance.

There was Liam on another gurney who took the bullet for me taken to another ambulance.

I felt someone hold my hand and looked up to see Ben and I couldn't control anymore so I hugged him crying in his arms.

"Ushh Emma nothing will happen to him" he said letting me go wiping my tears and took me to the nearby car.

The whole ride was silent and I was just telling myself how I should be strong so he can fight for his life and how Asher wouldn't like me crying.

Asher was immediately taken to surgery so he can be operated on while I and rest of us are waiting outside praying to god asking to save him.

"Emma" I heard Ben calling my name so I turned around and nodded in response.

"I think you should also get a check up done" he said pleading with his eyes not to say no but I just gave him a negative nod.

"Emma Please. Asher wouldn't like it if you stay like this and will be worried if he sees you like this after he gains his conscious" he said and this time I couldn't say no when he mentioned about Asher.

"I will get my check up after the surgery" I gestured him to which he looked shocked at me.

"Emma you talked few minutes ago. Please try again saying what you gestured" he asked me and I can clearly see hope in his eyes.