CHAPTER 16

Emma's POV:

Opening the door to my office I saw two desks opposite to each other one being mine in its place but there is an extra one near the glass window.

I turned to Asher and saw him grinning then again turned to the desk near the window to see the name plate on it and I was shocked would be an understatement. Asher King is written on it in bold letters.

I turned again to Asher and saw his usual smirk. I gave him a confused look and he turned towards Tim and Trevor asking them to leave and went inside the office.

I followed him and saw him standing in the centre of the office looking outside the floor length glass window.

I tapped him on his shoulder and he turned back to look at me. I took out my notepad and wrote "What is this all about?" showing him.

"What? Can't I stay with my wife?" he said so casually which made me blush while he stepped forward invading my personal space which in turn made me blush more.

I realised what he was doing and took a step back.

"What is really happening?" I wrote again and showed him. Seeing that I am not giving in he gave out a sigh of defeat.

"Emma" he started with all seriousness looking in my eyes and added "You didn't want to stay at home so I thought it would be better if we stayed together."

I gave him a confused look not getting what is the connection between me staying at home and changing his office to mine.

"What I am saying is that it will make me feel at ease seeing you before me all the time" he said with an emotion I couldn't decipher.

"Trevor is there with me right?" I wrote and showed him.

"But it will make me feel better if we work together" he said looking at me in the eyes.

I couldn't say anything to that so I just nodded. But I was worried about how difficult it would be to work from here for him.

"No need to worry Emma, this is only for a few days we will be shifting to our new building so there wouldn't be any problem" he said and closed the distance between us.

I looked up into his blue eyes which are the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen and drawn into them that I didn't notice when he wrapped his arm around me and came this close.

He kissed my forehead and we stayed like that for a while.

After that we went back to our tables and resumed our work with small glances here and there.

Suddenly my door burst open and in came a brunette stomping her feet like a child towards me and plopped herself on the chair before me.

Ladies and gentlemen that is none other than my best friend Kathy who looked like a volcano.

"Emma! Where have you been? You didn't even care to call me after your marriage! So you got married to the hottest guy in the world and you start ignoring your friends" she said.

With lots of things happening I couldn't call her for the past few weeks and I know it was my fault.

"By the way how is your sexy husband treating you? How did your wedding nig-" she started in a teasing tone but was cut off by a throat clearing which made us both look at the opposite desk.

I heard a loud gasp and immediately regaining her senses Kathy left my office embarrassed.

I turned to look at Asher and saw him smirking obviously to what Kathy just said and I blushed looking down at the file which seemed more interesting with lots of numbers in them.