CHAPTER 17

Emma's POV:

After the kiss we returned to our work with few glances here and there at times me pretty much oogling over him.

As I was going through a file I heard a throat clearing and looked up to see Asher watching me intently which made me blush but I tried to cover it with my hair as much as possible.

But his lips curled up to his cocky smirk which clearly showed he saw me blushing.

I nodded showing him I was listening when he bent down to my eye level making my cheeks turned more red than before.

"Come on" he said and held my hands making me stand up.

I looked at him confused to which he only said "Lunch" and dragged me from there while I hurriedly put my coat on and took my bag.

We sat in his car when he turned around and asked "Where to today?"

I just know the perfect place where I should take him and what I am really craving from past few days.

So I showed him my notepad where I wrote "Let me drive" to which he nodded negatively.

"No" he said as if that would stop me.

I made my way out and went to the driver's side opening the door to his.

"I am not getting out" he stated sternly to which I gave him my best of the best puppy eyes.

He looked unsure at first and I thought he would give in but at the end he again gave out a No.

I just stomped my feet and stood there though I know I looked childish but I really want to go there and I know he wouldn't take me to that place if I asked him to being the great ASHER KING.

After sometime seeing that I am not giving up he let out a sigh and came out of his door.

I gave him a big smile to which I saw a small curve forming but instantly gone.

I got in the car immediately and felt him beside me putting his seat belt and looking like a child who didn't get his favourite candy.

I just rolled my eyes to his actions and started the car and speed off to my destination.

After 20 minutes we reached the dinner where I have always felt like my go to place.

From days I was craving their cheese burgers so badly so I decided to have my lunch here. And bringing Asher here is like a big thing for me as I feel that I am letting him more into my personal life.

I parked the car and was getting out when I felt a hold on my wrist. I turned around and when Asher asked me "Here? We are having our lunch here?"

I nodded and was about to turn again when he again said "No! I am not coming inside that place. I don't know what they will serve in those dishes" to which I glared at him and left the car.

Seeing my glare he held back his opinions and decided to come out of his car making his way towards me.

I made my way to the dinner which serves the best cheese burgers in whole Los Angeles or even whole California I might add.

I saw Asher coming silently behind still thinking of a way to get away from here.

I went inside and was met with the cozy atmosphere which is different from all the restaurants we go to.

I made my way to my favourite spot in the dinner and sat at the booth where we can see the sea.

Asher joined me by sitting at the opposite side while I was looking at the sea. I felt someone staring and when I turned Asher was sitting there looking intently at me.