CHAPTER 3

Emma's POV:

The next morning after lots of thinking I went to my dad. Today there was no office so as I guessed he was in his study.

I knocked his door when I heard a faint come in from the other side.

I went inside and saw he was still looking through some papers on his desk and was paying no attention so I waited there till he finished.

When he looked up and saw it was me he stood immediately and came near me.

"Emma what happened? Is everything fine? Why are you here early in the morning?" he asked and checked if I was hurt.

"I am fine" I gestured him.

"So what brought you here at this time?" he asked again.

"To talk to you about yesterday's proposal" I gestured him. He said me to take a seat and he himself sat beside me on the couch in his study.

"So did you decide what you want to do?" he asked.

I nodded to his question. "So what did you decide?" he asked trying to keep his curiosity at bay.

"I will marry him" I gestured and saw him giving out a relief sigh.

"Are you sure? He asked concerned "I don't want you to force this on you baby girl. You are important to me than anything else"

"I know dad. I am sure" I gestured him with a smile letting him know I was really okay with what is happening.

"Thank you for understanding Emma" he said with a grateful smile.

"It is okay dad" I gestured and got up to leave.

"Emma" he called when I was near the door.

I turned around to hear what he wanted to say. "So is it okay if I gave my answer as a yes to Mr. King?" he asked again to make sure. I nodded and said my bye and left from there.

The day went by pretty much normal but there was still a question in my mind about Asher King and how we will get along if he accepts the deal too.

This afternoon my mother came to my room to make sure if I was really sure about this marriage where there is no involvement of love and I am too young and should take my time. I assured her that I was really okay with this marriage and there is no need for her to be concerned.

At night during dinner dad informed us that Mr. King was so happy about my decision as Asher also accepted this proposal.

I asked dad if he told Mr. King about my condition when he said that he told about me the day he proposed this proposal and did not have any problem with it. So Asher must have come to know my condition by now and that he accepted after knowing my condition it gave me a relief.

The days went by but I never got a chance to meet Asher personally after the proposal was accepted.

My dad and Mr. King decided to release a press statement about our marriage which will be held in 15 days.

Our wedding preparations started and it is organised by one of the best event management co-ordinator in LA.

Today is my wedding dress selection day as planned by the organiser. So I along with mom, my cousin Maya and Kathy decided to go for the shopping.

Though it is an arranged marriage it is my wedding after all so I decided not to let anything affect my mood and prepare it as I wish. On other hand like always Asher did not attend anything which concerned him like today for his suit selection.