CHAPTER 19

Emma's POV:

It has been two weeks since the last envelope we got by the man who we assume to be the person that kidnapped me when I was young but we couldn't find any trace of where and how the envelopes reached us in the first place.

Asher and I moved to the new building holding both the King's and the Campbell's top most working employees along with us a week back.

For the time being we decided to postpone the official announcement of me being the CEO of Campbell & Co. by the sudden turn of events and both Asher and my dad thought it would be best thing considering for my safety.

Today being a hectic day for both me and Asher we had our dinner prepared by Mary and went to bed early.

Dream...

I am sitting in a dimly lit room by a corner where my hands and legs are tied by ropes when a door to the farther end opened. A man came inside holding a boy in his hands who was covered in blood on his hands. The man placed the boy beside me but I couldn't see both of their faces in the darkness.

The man turned to me and said "See I brought your friend back" with a sinister laugh bending down holding a knife in his hand. But when I saw the blood on it I felt my chest getting tight making me out of breath.

"Please no! Don't kill me! Please" I pleaded him to which he shouted "You little bitch!" slapping me hard on my face.

After that the man left the room leaving me and the boy alone who I saw is now stirring and trying to get up.

When he got up he moved to me and I was able to see his face clearly now but there was little dirt and blood on his cheeks. When he got closer to me I could see his eyes were the brightest of the ocean blue I have seen.

"Emma! Are you okay?" he asked with concern in his voice for me.

So this boy knew me. I just nodded at him when he came and hugged me tightly to which I cried in his arms feeling a bit relief.

I felt someone shaking me but I didn't want to get up I want to know what happened. I know it is not a dream but a memory coming back to me.

I felt myself drifting away from it and my eyes started to open. When I opened them I saw Asher trying to wake me up.

I immediately sat up when I felt Asher holding me in his arms and rubbing my head. I held him back and I realised I was still shivering.

"Emma what happened? Is it nightmare again?" I heard his voice laced with concern to which I just nodded.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked now bring my face in front of his.

I don't know if I want to say anything about it or not yet so I just gave him a negative nod to which he just let out a sigh.

"Okay" he said letting me go but I held his hand not wanting to leave his side after seeing that blood in my dream.

"Come let's go back to sleep for now" he said making me lie on the bed and holding me to him tightly.

I know I should tell him what I saw in my dream but I just want to be sure before I say him anything which may not be true.

At some point sleep consumed me from the thoughts going in my mind.

Next day morning I woke up to Asher waking me up which made me feel embarrassed because I was the one who was always up before him in the morning.

"Come on Emma, we should leave in 2 hours" Asher said which made me look at him confused now.