CHAPTER 7

Ashers's POV:

After leaving her there I went into my room and got fresh up and putting on my boxers I went to bed. The sleep was far away even though I was exhausted by the ceremony.

After tossing for so much time somewhere at 3 in the morning sleep consumed me. I got up at 6 again and got off to get ready for work.

I went down to dining room when Mary was setting the table. I glanced to the stairs and saw that she wasn't coming down even though it was time for breakfast. So I decided to send someone up to wake her up for breakfast.

"Mary can you ask someone to wake up Mrs.King and let her know it is time for breakfast?" I asked her.

"She is up Asher. Today's breakfast is made by her" she said looking towards the kitchen.

I was shocked by her reply because I thought Emma would have been sleeping still.

I saw Emma coming from the kitchen and taking her seat on my right. She stood up suddenly and I thought she was leaving but I saw her reaching to the dishes and serving the food in both of our plates.

The food smelled so good and I was tempted to have some but suddenly I remembered she was not happy with this marriage because of her boyfriend and pretending to just do things as my wife.

So I finished my coffee and left from there.

I went to office and immersed myself in work immediately not even having my lunch. When I glanced up it was time to leave but I decided to stay for some more time to avoid her. I don't want to face her and think about her again.

So I left my office at 10:30 and went home by 11.

When I entered the living room I saw someone on the couch when I got closer it was Emma sleeping there. I went near her and tried to wake her up.

I shook her a bit but she didn't budge to move even a bit. I tried some more time but there was no use. Sighing I bent down and took her in my arms.

I started going up when I saw that she held my collar for grip I thought she was awake but no she was deep in sleep.

On the way I saw her sniffing my shirt and she looked so cute. I couldn't control my laugh seeing her face.

I went inside her room and I put her on the bed when I was moving away she grabbed my collar harder and I lost my control falling on her but I balanced myself with my arms putting on her both sides.

She looked so beautiful from this close. Her skin looked so soft that I automatically felt like touching her and I kissed her fore head unknowingly without my knowledge.

I regained myself quickly realizing what I was doing and stormed off to my room.

Emma's POV:

I got up the next day without my usual nightmare which is a miracle. How much happy I was during the day at the night I would always have that nightmare. But yesterday after that good dream I somehow felt safe and happy without a nightmare.

I got up and went down to prepare breakfast. After preparing it I went back to my room asking Mary to serve him because yesterday it was very clear he didn't like I was present there.

After sometime I heard a knock on my door and I went to open the door.

"Mrs.King, Mr. King is asking you to join you for breakfast" a maid whose name I didn't catch yesterday said to me.

I nodded and went with her out of the room.

We went to the dining area and I saw him sitting in his seat at the head and I took my seat to his right.