CHAPTER 20

Emma's POV:

After setting up everything I decided to go to Maya's place so Asher dropped me off at Chase mansion and went to Shane's.

Shane is a good guy I know him for almost 4 years now but it was a shock to me when Maya said Shane and Asher were best friends since their childhood before my marriage.

Seeing me the house maid let me inside because they know me so well from all my visits every break.

I went to Maya's room and opened it to see her surrounded by food and I exactly knew what she was doing stress eating.

I let out a sigh and was going to her when she suddenly jumped at me hugging the life out of me.

I started tapping her when I felt my lungs can't bear having no oxygen anymore and realising how tight she was holding, she let go of me.

"Emma! At last you made it" she said giving out a relieved sigh.

"What happened?" I gestured her showing the food laid on her bed.

"I don't know Emma. Do you think am I ready for a marriage already? I am still 23 and there is more to life...." She rambled everything which made sense and did not make sense at the same time.

When she stopped at some point I made her sit on the bed and gave her some water to drink so she will feel better after that huge ramble.

"What should I do Emma?" she asked now looking at me from the bed.

"There is nothing to worry about" I gestured and added "You love him right?"

She nodded to it and I continued to gesture "If you weren't ready you would have known the day he proposed you. After everything that went between you and Shane you made it till here. So I will say you are ready Maya and Shane loves you more than anything"

When I said that I saw her smiling again and she said "Thank you. I feel better now"

I gave her a nod and made my way to bed grabbing a chips packet laying there.

Same time we heard the door opening again and saw Danielle and Kerry coming inside with lots of ice cream.

"I knew it!" Kerry shouted looking at all the food and added "Dan I said see she would be stress eating by now"

"Here take this" Dan said giving Maya a bucket of ice cream.

"But guys if I will eat everything I wouldn't fit in my dress" Maya whined looking at them.

"Hey Emma" Kerry said coming to me and hugging me.

"Sorry we didn't make it to your marriage" Dan said sitting beside me.

I grabbed out my notepad and wrote "It is okay" showing her with a smile.

We spent the remaining time talking about the wedding and I got to see my bride's maid dress.

At some point in our conversation Meghan joined us too and we didn't know the time until Aunt Ursula came to the room calling us for dinner.

When I was about to exit the room after putting my dress away I heard my phone ringing.

When I checked who it was it turned out to be Asher.

"Hey!" he said into the phone and I waved at him.

"So how did everything go?" he asked and I gave him a thumbs up which he understood.

"I will come in an hour to pick you up be ready" he said and I nodded again.