His Name

"Take my hand..." the skeleton said, reaching out his hand.

I stared at him, confused and shocked at the same time. My mother had warned me not to trust strangers. And this guy JUST MET ME, and he's telling me to HOLD HIS HAND.

"Boi, I don't even know your n-name yet...." I whispered. He did a facepalm and muttered something so low, to which I could not hear.

"Then you'll be afraid," he said. I tilted my head. "N-no I won't! I promise."
For a moment, there was no reply.
"...Nightmare. My name is...Nightmare Sans...." he told me.

BRUH! That is THE most EPIC name EVER! I gave him two thumbs up, and he was shocked.
"Be scared! I AM THE KING OF NIGHTMARES!"
Geez, he must want me to be scared more than I want to myself.
"H-hey!" I exclaimed, crossing my arms. "It's not MY FAULT I like creepy horror stuff!!"

"I mean...it kinda is..." he replied. What? No it isn't! It's like TOTALLY my fricking BRAIN'S FAULT.

"Anyways. I HAVE TO BE SOMEWHERE, soooo...." he said, once again offering his hand. As my brain malfunctioned, I thought: OMG!! WHAT IS IT WITH YOU TRYING TO HOLD MY HAND?!
"W-why should I trust YOU? I just M-MET YOU!" Before you even ASK why I STUTTER so much, I have trouble saying words. That's why I HATE talking. Also, I'm just...really shy.

"Please, stop being so irrational," Nightmare said. How does a "bad guy" put up with ME?

I APPARENTLY had no choice but to...take his hand. It felt like holding on to a seal, and I'm not even messing around. He's warm too--NOPE, BRAIN, not now! NOT FRICKING NOW!

Nightmare grinned. "Whatever ya do, kid, do not let go," he said.

Oh noes, what's gonna possibly happen? Being ripped apart by the rifts in between every dimension?

Everything around me swirled. The colors, the tree, just everything. I felt really dizzy, and I almost let go. Hey at least this dude was polite(unlike all the other guys that try to get my attention) and didn't FORCE ME TO hold his hand. He basically just waited for me to make some sort of decision.

We appeared at the St Helen's Library. MY FAVORITE. Shelves and shelves and SHELVES of TOO AMAZING BOOKS surrounded me, and I felt like I was standing in book paradise. I could smell the librarian's warm coffee, the old books(which, you would not believe, smelled amazing), and black licorice. Wait what the crackers? BLACK LICORICE? Oh wait, it was probably just Nightmare. The warm octopus.

I fell backwards onto the little cushion that was behind me.

"Um. (Y/n), get up,"  Nightmare commanded. I lazily grinned. "Leave me alone to DIE...." I exaggerated. Hang on...did I ever mention my name? DID I...? HOLY CRAP HAS HE BEEN STALKING ME?!
Nightmare rolled his eyes and walked off to one of the shelves.

"Okay, Disney Fanatic," he whispered over his shoulder.

Heh, Disney Fanatic? Cool, a new name. One that I TOTALLY LIKE. Whatever, who cares.

Elvis Presley Can't Help Falling in Love played on the librarian's radio, which was mounted on her desk. I had a mental panic attack. No no no! Why this song at this time?! CURSE YOU TIME!! I thought to myself.