Lemme Axe You A Question...

~(Y/n)'s P.O.V~

"Don't turn around or shake his hand," Batfang whispered in my ear.
Should I listen to him? Or should I listen to the mysterious voice?

What if they have some sort of weapon attached to their hand? Should I shake it?
It would be rude not to...
Okay...if I don't shake their hand..they might get mad and try to kill me.

But...what if they're the monster from the Wispy Woods?! Is this what this place is? Did I pick the wrong forest to hide in?

"...You're a quiet human, aren't ya?" Said the voice.

I completely forgot about him! I need to stop drowning myself in my thoughts. Okay. First...I'm going to just greet him.

I turned around slowly and saw a skeleton that sorta looked like Ink, just with a jagged hole in the left side of his head.
His left eye socket glowed red, while the other was blank like a void. His grin was more insane than Nightmare's.
He had blood splattered in some places on his blue hoodie that looked like it would keep him cozy whenever needed.
And the worst part was that...

He carried an axe.

A giant.

Flipping.

Axe.

"H-hi. You smell like...blood...?" Oh cheese, why did I say that? He does smell like blood, though. Maybe because he's obviously a murderer!

"What?" He said. "Why aren't you screaming? Are you broken or something?"

I grinned. "Oh wow, thanks for noticing," I said.

He ignored my statement. "Lemme AXE ya a question...." he said. "Hey kid, do you want a head dog?"

I had no clue what a head dog was, but I knew it sounded like chopping a head off and putting it in a hot dog bun.

That's when Batfang whispered to me again. "Run, kiddo," he said.

"No thanks, sir. I'm sure your food is quite lovely, and many monsters and humans enjoy it!" I told the skeleton, dipping my head. Before he got the chance to reply, I randomly added," look! I burly and meaty looking woodcutter human who is way taller than me!" I pointed behind the skeleton who looked really hungry.

As he swiveled his head just to see a wolf, I silently ran toward a tree and hid behind it.

"You can't hide forever...." the skeleton said. "I'll find your scent!"

Cool. I wish my sense of of smell was that strong.

I weaved behind another tree. Wait, I shouldn't leave my scent like that, I thought to myself. Maybe while he's trying to find me, I can quickly use that time to think of a plan. Okay, that tree over there has a really strong scent; I can smell it from here. Maybe if I go over to it, it would block my scent or just make it weaker.

As silent as a mouse(heh, no offense, Batfang's friends), I picked up some mud and leaves and spread it on my shirt, pants, and a tiny bit on my face.
I even spread some mud on Batfang's face, and gave him a twig that was almost shaped like a spear. He honestly looked like a little warrior now.

That'll mask our scents while we hide behind that tree, I thought to myself.

"Where are ya, little mouse?" I heard the skeleton ask in a soft and creepy voice.

When I made it behind the tree which smelled strongly of animal and syrup, I stood and made sure not to make any noise. Not even I sigh of relief.

With my great hearing, I heard him walking for a while.

Until it stopped.

Where could he have gone? Did he give up? No...murderers never give up. They always end up finding their victims.

All of a sudden, my phone started ringing. Oh no. Ohhhh no. Batfang, quick, go in my bag and turn off my phone! I thought, knowing that only Batfang could hear me.
Batfang crawled into my bag, and I heard my phone turn off.
He crawled back onto my shoulder in silence. 

I smiled in relief until I realized something. It didn't matter how quickly I turned off my phone, he would still find me. And speaking of that skeleton--

"Boo," he said from behind the tree.
I jumped, and retrieved my frying pan.
The skeleton smirked. "Heh, found ya," he said.
I put the grumpy face on. "No. You just cheated. You cheater!"

The skeleton tilted his head in shock, yet his grin widened.
"Strange little human...." he whispered, reaching out to my face with his bloody, skeletal hand.

"Hey!" I hissed, my reflexes acting like a cat and hitting his hand away with my frying pan. "Personal space, bro!"

He started laughing. It was funny, and so not creepy. Actually it was both.

I ended up laughing with him just to laugh. I accidentally let out my evil laugh when I thought about my revenge plan for Ink. 'Cause he took me away from where I was meant to be.

"Woah kiddo, chill. I didn't mean to...tickle your funny bone...."

Batfang nudged me with his little elbow, his eyes wide. I immediately stopped laughing(heh, I kept a smirk). I finally got him off guard.
"No you!" I exclaimed, flipping his axe out of his hand with my frying pan(which I painted to look like an Uno Reverse Card).

Once again, he was shocked. "What the actual flip!" He said, looking at the flipped axe that was flying. It hit something in a glowing bush. 
That something that was hiding in that bush screeched.
"Gah! My eye! My cover! WHY AM I EVEN HIDING IN A FRICKING GLOWING BUSH AT NIGHT?!"

The skeleton that had the axe before ALSO had the look of pure horror on his face.
"Kid, what have you done?! You're gonna get us killed! BY MY BOSS!" he shouted, putting his hands on the side of his head.

I tilted my head. That voice in the bush... I knew who it was.

I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Hello there, Rose."

Nightmare.