The Castle

《(Y/n)'s P.O.V》

I turned around and felt almost relieved to see Nightmare here. But what exactly was he doing here?

"H-hi, Nightmare," I whispered a bit sheepishly. I saw him grin, and it made my soul flutter like butterfly wings. I really need to stop eating those cheeto puffs. They're probably caterpillars in disguise.

"...Boss, you-you know her?!" Questioned the skeleton that chased me earlier.

"Yup. You better not have hurt her. If you did--"

"I didn't, I swear!"

"Don't interrupt me, Horror!"

"R-right, sorry boss."

"Whatever. Leave me alone, and back to the castle."

The skeleton--Horror-- disappeared from sight. No, he teleported from sight.

"Who was that exactly? I know his name...but WHO is he?" I found myself asking.

"Horror? He's part of my...how do I put this..." Nightmare said, trailing off a bit. "He works with me. Like a teammate of some sort."

I nodded. If Horror calls Nightmare "boss," then that obviously means that he's the leader. That explains why Horror seemed absolutely terrified of Nightmare when he saw him.

Wow, I never expected a head-dog-loving-skeleton would be afraid of Nightmare. Ha, jk. Anyone would be scared of Nightmare...

"Sooo...what now?" I ask, looking at Nightmare.

Nightmare thinks for a moment before replying,"I suppose I could take you back to my castle...."

I smiled. I've always wanted to go to a castle! They're always grand in the fairytales I've read. I've always wanted to live in one. Not because of the fanciness, but because of how much space there is to explore!

"Uhh...what's with that look, kid? Was it something I said? Why are your eyes glittering like someone from an Anime? Did you kill someone? HOW MANY RAINBOWS DID YOU EAT THIS TIME?!" His tendrils flared out behind him, but twitched curiously like how a cat's tail would.

I thought it was extremely adorable on how he was worried about me. Rainbows? You can only eat rainbows if it's a drawing or a rainbow waffle or something.

I ended up laughing, which made him flinch. "It's okay, Nightmare! Really, I was just thinking about how marvelous your castle would be." Whoops. I wasn't really supposed to emphasize the castle part that much--

"Wait, you want to go?" He asked, his eye wide.
I nodded, and he still looked astonished.

"Strange...normally anyone would just try to run if I offered them to visit my castle...probably cause they thought I was gonna kill 'em. Even if I was inviting them for an ANIME MARATHON, or a video game party, or a pizza party, or a fricking puzzle party, or a tea party...I don't even like parties...tea parties are quite boring by yourself...."