The Backstab

(A/N: Hello everyone! I went back and edited some stuff in this chapter so it could flow better, as well as match characters a bit better, but it's still the same nevertheless)

~Nightmare's P.O.V~

I searched the corridors for Killer, knowing exactly where he might be hiding. Was he hiding? Yes, he is...at least I think so. I haven't seen him for quite a while actually, nor have I heard anything from him...

My thought space was interrupted as a loud crash was heard. "Shh! Somebody could have heard you!" Somebody whisper yelled. Heh, it was Killer, and I knew exactly where he was.

I disappeared into the shadows once again, appearing behind Killer and a skeleton wearing a blue coat with lots of yellow -ish fluff. "Yes, someone indeed heard you," I grinned.

Killer turned around, backing up into the moonlight that shone from the window. "N-nightmare!" He stammered, and I could see him trembling a bit.

The other skeleton, who was obviously another Sans, looked up at me, his eyes wide and blank. "H-hi-" he was cut off because I lifted him by the hood with a tentacle.

"What are you doing here?"

The Sans shook in my presence even more, and he couldn't reply. "I-I-I-I-I...." and his eye sockets were dark once more.

"Nightmare! P-put him down!" Killer demanded. I slammed the Sans against the wall and stepped toward Killer. " Why? " I questioned. "Are you... his friend or something? Is he that important to you that I shouldn't kill him?" I could feel anger rising because he wasn't replying.

Instead, Killer stared behind me, where the other Sans was. And what he did next shocked me. He stupidly ran past me, and helped the other guy up. "Omg, Star! Are you okay?!" He asked worridley,

Star? I've heard that name before. Error mentioned it....Outertale! "WHY ARE YOU HELPING THE ENEMY?!"

Killer looked up at me. "He's not the enemy!" He hissed. "He's....he's......" he trailed off, and for the first time I saw fear in his eyes. I rolled my eye, about to say something, but Killer spoke before me, "You're the enemy!" He summoned a knife.

I once again rolled my eye, took his knife, and absorbed it. "Ugh, shut up. I'm not here about your....whatever he is. I'm here to talk to you. About what you did to (Y/n) a while ago," I hissed. "Where the heck were you all this time?!"

Killer looked speechless for a moment before sweating. "You mean that h-human? Er. Well, uh. . . ." he tried, summoning another knife and fidgeting with it. I frowned, glaring at him.

"Speak up, Killer. I can't understand you when you mumble."

Killer growled, which grasped my attention. He doesn't ever get angry at me, even when I absorbed his favorite knife. "You know what, I'm sick of this. Sick of you. That human I hurt...I don't know. I was listening to YOUR orders. The ones you gave to kill any human! Also she was weird. She had fire spouting out of her hair when I tried to kill her-" Killer was cut off when I wrapped a tentacle around his neck, holding him in the air.

"How dare you. How dare you even hurt her. How dare you insult her. How dare you. If I didn't need you on the team, I would have killed you already."

Killer struggled, his face dark with no emotion. "And I told you specifically not to kill any human girl that enters that room, the one with the purple door!" I slammed him against the wall. "So what do you have to say for yourself?!"

Killer looked down. Black goo fell down from his eye sockets, and he grinned. "Heh...all I have to say is-- I don't have to listen to you anymore. I'm not sorry. Hahahahaaa. . . ." he cackled, but his grin faded. Quicker than a flash, he slashed the tentacle that I held him with. He fell, and Star helped him up.

"YOU IDIOT," I screeched, wanting to kill everybody(. . .apart from the human). "You made a deal. You can't break it! You're stuck in it forever!"

Killer smirked, shaking his head. "There's no curse or anything if I break a deal. Plus, I was never one to keep a promise. I say you're the idiot for trusting me," he retorted and took Star's hand. "I'm leaving, Nightmare!"

Then, they both said,"see you never, idiot!"

A random Gaster Blaster blasted me, leaving me in anger and pain, along with Killer also stabbing me in the back with a red knife. An actual painful knife....

Then they were gone. Like teleporty woosh gone. There were there for one second, and then they weren't.

I fell onto my knees, feeling defeated for the first time in my life. I felt utterly weak and torn up. I don't know why, but I never had expected Killer to backstab me

. . . literally.

Suddenly, I heard fast footsteps.
"Nightmare? Nightmare!" Was that (Y/n)? The footsteps became louder and louder, and they were headed straight for me.

~Your P.O.V.~

I followed the yelling, afraid somebody was going to get hurt. I knew I was getting closer and closer when I heard an extremely loud blast. I saw the light from it, and an agonized screech followed after it.

Nightmare! Oh no...I thought, beginning to run much faster.

(Y/n), chill, I'm sure he's fine!

Shut up, Chara! That sounded really painful! It must have hurt!

Ugh, dude, he literally can survive if a truck fell on him.

I never replied back, and I focused on the corridor ahead. I found Nightmare on his knees, looking...sad.

"Nightmare? Nightmare!" I ran closer and closer, until I was by his side. It looked like he wanted to cry, and I didn't know why.

            He shifted away, looking towards me, but then it seemed like he was staring into space. He seemed to radiate with negativity. His eye flared a bright cyan-blue.

            "Stay away," he said. He hardly blinked. He didn't snap out of his trance. In fact, he repeated himself, "Stay away."

        I didn't move. "Nightmare, what happened?" I asked him.

        "Killer betrayed me and ran away with his little friend. That's all I will say," he replied, his jaw set in a grim way.

Guilt formed in my heart. Was it my fault? No. It wasn't. I don't know what happened but Nightmare seems in a lot of pain.

Aww, you do care about him.

Chara! What if he can read minds and he heard you?!

Haha, no. That's not happening.
Suddenly, Nightmare slowly reached out to me,
wrapping his arms around me. In shock, I returned his hug, and he seemed to be content with my presence.

We stayed like this for about twenty five minutes....just sitting here, chilling, and me comforting him.