Meeting the Golden Cinnamon Roll

A/n: I do believe this picture was made by Nadi-Chan on DeviantArt?

~~Your P.OV.~~

Soft but moonlight filtered through the leaves of the trees, speckling the forest floor with light.

I watched as a small, orange leaf fluttered to the ground right in front of my aching feet.

I didn't know why I was here, but, I know it wasn't good.

It just doesn't...feel right, I suppose. Like, the aura it produces...is strange and eerie.

It felt as if someone was lurking in the bushes, ready to pounce.

But who knows? It might not be so bad.

I decided to climb up a random tree. I slipped on some of the branches, but didn't fall because I kept a tight grip.

Eventually I reached the top, and I could see everything. I hadn't realized how far down it was from here. But ahead of me was the shining moon, smiling from behind thick, smoking-silver clouds.

I could also see the rest of the forest rolling into vast land masses, which dived into a cliff to meet the ocean.

It was brilliant and nice; I could feel a nice breeze pressing against my face. The scent of burnt maplewood stung my nose in a strangely satisfying manner.

But as amazing as it was, something about this place bothered me.

One: what if I fall down this tree and die?
Two: what would happen if I never awakened from this place? Would anyone care? Would anyone notice?
And three: it seems dangerous. I could see hungry wolves running in the moonlight far off in the distance, and alligators drifting like dead logs in the swampy marshes.

Suddenly, everything shifted. The tree I was sitting in disappeared, including the environment around. The sky turned completely white, along with the ground.

Everything was a vivid, blinding white that burned my fricking eyeballs like crazy.

Strange enough, I was STILL SITTING! I was sitting, on my butt, on the cold ground.

"Good day today, is it not?" A calm, echoing voice said.

I think I've heard it somewhere, but I'm not too sure.

"H-hello? W-who's there?" I shouted, my voice bouncing every where. Since nobody answered, I pulled out the knife that was in my pocket. " I have a-a-a kn-knife on me! I AM NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!" I stood up, pointing the small, knife in all directions possible.

"W-woah, (Y/n)! Calm down, I swear I won't hurt you!" They said back.

My eyes widened. Who the frick told THEM my name? Are they stalking me TOO?!

"WHO ARE YOU, AND HOW THE CHEESECAKES DO YOU KNOW MY NAME!"

"I have known you since you were very small."

"BRUH. So you're saying you've been stalking me since I was small?!"

"N-no! I watched you read--"

"AHA!"

"NO, let me explain!"

"Show yourself first!"

"Okay, fine! I'm so sorry for your fish dying too-"

"YOU'RE the one who KILLED MY FISH two years ago?!"
Yes, I had a fish. He had cute gold scales, he lived in a small bowl with NO FRIENDS WHATSOEVER (apart from me), and his name was...BOB! Yes, his name was Bob. We were best friends for three MONTHS! I met him at a carnival stand. I won him as a prize for winning the game. But he died...

"No, I watched him die? I guess?" They said.

"Shut up and SHOW YOURSELF, MISTER STALKER FACE!" I snapped. I wasn't in the mood for people DAWDLING around like little children.

Suddenly, a grinning, mostly blue-and-golden-clad skeleton appeared in front of me. His golden cape flowed behind him, even though there was no wind.

His crown, which rested on the top of his head, was thin and golden, the ends meeting each other in little opposite swirls.

"Now that you've seen me, I'll explain!" He said, his grin widening.

I stared at him for a moment, thinking. I know him. I've SEEN him BEFORE. But...where?

"My name...is Dream. I'm in your dream world right now, since I can travel through people's dreams," he explained. "The problem is...my real body is encased in stone, and I'm on my way to break free. I've seen your special powers, and I want to help you. I want to help you so no one tries to use you for their own benefit. So first off, don't trust any murderous-looking skeletons, okay? If you see one, run and DO NOT surrender. Don't listen to what my brother tells you, either. He makes deals with people he finds interesting to him, and uses them for his evil deeds."

I nodded in understanding. To be honest, I pondered on HOW Dream was trapped in stone. What caused it? Maybe someone did it? And, how do I know who NOT to look for? So far, all the skeletons I've seen, besides Dream, looked murderous and grumpy. That was only one. Who is Dream's brother? Think...think...OH. His name could be similar to his brother's! Daydream? No...maybe they're OPPOSITES. So...Nightmare is his brother!

Dream looked at me, dipped his head, and everything so started to fade.

"NO WAIT. I-I still have QUESTIONS!"

No reply.

The whiteness dissolved, turning into dark blue. There in front of me stood that green-sweatered child from earlier, her face glitching just like last time. But she so suddenly disappeared, and all around me echoed millions of whispers, all whispering at the same time. But at the same time, they sounded like they were screaming.

"Help...."

"Help us...."

They got louder and louder every time.

"PLEASE...."

"PLEASE!"

Louder...

"SAVE US!"

Louder...

"SAVE US ALL!"

"Or are you too useless and pathetic?"

"Or paranoid?"

"Or a claud?"

Silence. Eerie, utter, terrifying, but satisfying silence.

I saw a glowing blue eye staring at me. This dude had this wide, creepy but AMAZING grin. I stared back, knowing exactly who this was.

A tendril caught me, but placed me laying down.

"Sweet dreams...."

*STAB*

Everything went completely dark, and my eyes snapped open with a sudden jolt.