Something's a Little...Fishy Here

(A/n:) yes, I drew the pic above. It's not that great, but WHATEVER, lol. I was bored and drew it on Flipaclip.

~~Your P.O.V~~

Alphys screamed like a pterodactyl choking on jelly.
"W-what...who...WHY?!" She stammered.

"N-nightmare, what are y-you doing here?!" I stammered, staring at the octopus-like skeleton who was grinning like crazy.

"Y-you know him?!" Alphys squeaked, her eyes wide in fear.

I awkwardly grinned. "Y-yeah...it's a long story, trust me," I replied, rubbing the back of my head.

"Okay then!" Goatman exclaimed.

"ASGORE! ALPHYS! SANS! WHAT THE FLIPPERS IS GOING ON IN HERE? SOMEONE SCREAMED!" A loud voice demanded, slamming open the door. A blue fish monster wearing a black tank top, blue jeans, and tall brown boots marched in the room.

Her yellow eye widened when she saw Nightmare. She realized Sans was missing, so she stomped toward King Edgy and grabbed him by the collar of his black turtleneck sweater.

"Who are you? AND WHAT DID YOU DO WITH MY LAZY SKELETON OF A FRIEND?!" She shouted in his face.

Nightmare darkly chuckled. "I suggest...putting me down before something bad happens to you," he whispered with his charming grin. Whoops, there I go again, thinking WIERD things--

"ANSWER THE DANG QUESTION, PUNK!" The fish roared.

"Heh, put me down first...and then maybe I'll tell ya," he replied.

"U-undyne, be c-careful!" Alphys told the fish, her eyes wide. Undyne grinned with her sharp yellow teeth. "Don't worry, Al! I've got this covered!" She said, dropping Nightmare onto the floor.

"Now, punk, tell me where Sans is!" She demanded.

Nightmare grinned again, laughing. "Heh, what do ya mean? I'm right here!"

Undyne's eye twitched. "No you bonehead! Be serious! WHERE IS SANS?!"

"Fine, don't listen to a word I say. Also...if you keep calling me those wonderful names, you'll be done for," Nightmare replied.

Please don't hurt anyone in this room! They helped me.

"Grr! This is useless. Just tell me where my friend is, and things won't get brutal! IT'S THAT EASY!" Undyne shouted, summoning a bright blue spear and pointing it at Nightmare.

"I didn't do anything to him. He's probably lazing around wherever he is. HONEST!" Nightmare explained. I could tell he was getting annoyed with this.

Undyne didn't believe him. She poised her spear, ready to fight. Nightmare rolled his blue eye, poising his tentacles.

I growled for some reason, and jumped in front of Nightmare; I spread my arms out. Undyne drew back her spear, her eye brow raised.

"Y-yeah, Undyne, t-threatening him w-wouldn't be a good idea...." I told her. Maybe this would distract her from hurting Nightmare. Wait, can he even get hurt?!

Undyne glared at me. "What did you say, punk?!" She shouted. GEEZ, CHILL, LADY!

"Leave him alone! I promise you he didn't kidnap or quite possibly murder your friend!" I snapped. Her glare narrowed, looking unsure of what I said. I got close to her face, but I had to get on my tippy toes because of her frickin' tallness. "And when I make a promise...I keep it!" I said quietly.

Her eye twitched. "...fine," she said, her spear disappearing.

For some reason, Nightmare remained silent. He would be making some sort of snappy comment or something right about now!

Undyne crossed her arms, turning to Alphys. "Who is this? What does he want?" She asked.

Alphys shrugged. "I d-don't k-know! He shapeshifted as S-sans, a-and I don't know h-how! I think his name is...N-n-ni-nightmare...." she stammered greatly when trying to say Nightmare's name. She's obviously scared of him.

Undyne nodded, turning back to me. "Do you know him?" She asked.

Why are you asking me this? Isn't it obvious?! I would have told her that, but all that came out of my mouth was,"y-yes...he's my friend! P-please don't hurt him...." how strange. She didn't look angry.

She sighed. "Ugh...I'm sorry. I get worried for my friends, and get overprotective over them."

I smiled. "I forgive you. We can be friends, if you want!" Did I seriously just say that?

How could you? Why are you betraying me? We don't need another friend!

Shut up, stupid voice in my head. But before Undyne could reply, everything before me went black and I fell backwards.

"H.y! C.n y... he.r me? S..irt?" Said the fading voice of Undyne.

"...Kid...hang on...." wait...why was his voice appearing in my HEAD? Ugh...whatever...

I woke up in something comfortable. It felt like pillows, but smelled like black licorice. My pillows never smell like black licorice! They smell like chocolate because of when I'd always sneak chocolate from Alex's room!

I snapped my eyes open, and realized I wasn't at the orphanage. I remembered being at Alphys' lab...but I'm in a meadow with a tree?!

The tree.

The special one.

Then...what is...comforting me? I looked up, realizing Nightmare was sitting against the trunk of the tree, and I was in his arms. I felt my hair poof up. What the frick?!

Why am I hugging him while sitting down?! Wait...he was sleeping. I need to ask him WHY WE'RE HERE where anyone can see us!

Oh no...my eyes felt droopy...I fell asleep again, my head falling against his chest.

"Kid...WAKE UP! S-stop sleeping!" Someone shouted.

My eyes slowly opened, and I realized I was still hugging Nightmare. He's really warm. I didn't want to let go...but I did anyway.

His face was a blushing mess, and I couldn't help but notice that I was blushing as well.

"That...wasn't supposed to happen!" He exclaimed, getting up and hiding his face in his hoodie.

Are kings supposed to act like this?? Whatever...it was cute anyway...

"What happened?" I blurted.

"You blacked out back at that house, you fell in my arms, and out of embarrassment, I teleported us here and you fell asleep against me at this stupid tree--crap I wasn't supposed to say half of that!" He explained quickly, but I caught on. Oof, no wonder he's so embarrassed. I snuggled into him while I took a stupid nap.

"I-I'm sorry...." I whispered, crawling behind the tree. I buried my face in my knees. None of this would have happened if I hadn't angered Alex. It was all my fault.

"H-hey...it's fine. Don't cry...please...."

Hearing his voice made me think of how he almost got impaled by a spear.

"I'm sorry!" I shouted, trying to keep my voice from wavering.

"Don't be. It's NOT YOUR FAULT!" Nightmare shouted, sitting next to me.

Those are the words NO ONE has EVER said to me. Why, out of all the people in this cruel universe, was it NIGHTMARE?

I wrapped my arms around his arm and silently sobbed.

He sighed and patted my head. "I know how you feel...." he whispered.

Suddenly, a different voice appeared.

"Well well...what do we have here?"