Er, Batfang the Jerk?

(A/n): this pic is too funny, I had to put it on here. Also, this art belongs to somebody that is not me.

》Your P.O.V《

"(Y/n)? Did that rat on your head...just speak?" Asked Nightmare, his voice low and quiet.

I turned my head to look at him. "Wha--" I said, but Batfang cut me off.

"Uh, squeak squeak!" The cute rat shouted, looking around like a little scout.

Nightmare stared at the top of my head where Batfang was supposed to be. I could feel the creature trembling from how intense Nightmare's gaze was.

"Rats don't necessarily say squeak?" Nightmare said to Batfang, his face looking a bit suspicious.

"...a'ight, fine. Ya got me, sir," Batfang squeaked. Just by the tone of his voice, I knew he was crossing his arms.

I sighed, taking Batfang off my head, and holding him in my hands. I lifted him up a little, and he stood on my palms.

"Nightmare, meet Batfang."

Batfang crossed his arms with a smirk. "Heya, land octopus. How's your day, bro?"

Nightmare's eye twitched, and he glared daggers at the rat. "First of all, don't call me that. Second of all, you're as annoying as Dust when he eats too much ketchup beans."

"Shush, octopus. I don't want to hear it," he squeaked calmly, flicking his tail.

Nightmare's glare sharpened, and he whipped his head toward. He began walking to who knows where.

"(Y/n), follow me, and shut that rat up for me please."

"Uhm...alright," I shifted my hands awkwardly as Batfang clambered back onto my shoulder. After, I followed Nightmare, still feeling awkward for what just happened.

Through the giant hall, lavender banners hung from the walls, while waving quietly to one another. The moon shone brilliantly through one of the windows, halfway to a full moon.
The moonlight casted halfway across the hall, illuminating Nightmare's slipper.

And it was utterly strange, because as the light hugged him, his goop became a fascinating color. Almost like raven feathers in sunlight; dark blueish-green-purple.

It was so intriguing, that I almost stopped walking to reach for the slipper to see if the moonlight changed the texture.

I stopped myself from doing that, and instead focused my thoughts on what happened earlier.

You know, the strange conversation between Night and Bat.
Shortly after, I shot my thoughts at Batfang.
Batfang!

Yeah, (Y/n)?

Why did you insult him like that? If you can even talk to him in the first place...that means he's MY FRICKING SOULMATE!

Oh, (Y/n), I have no clue what you're talking about.

Ugh, Bat! Don't lie! I was LITERALLY right there!