Chapter 1

so here is the chapter 1..hope you guys like it

I'm stressing again, its just my imagination of Barchie and i love all the 4 main characters the same. Any and all ships are fine with me.

thank you!!!

------------------------------------------

Pop's Diner

     Archie and Jughead entered the Pop's Diner joking about Jughead's prep school when they finally saw Veronica and Betty at their usual counter chatting. It has been weeks since they've seen Betty as she has been away with her mother outside of the city. Her blonde ponytail shinned and bounced as she laughed and talked to veronica. Archie smiled seeing Betty, for some reason the past week he instinctively looked outside his window towards hers even though he knew she was away while Jughead smiled and sighed pressing the heaviness in his heart back in.

"Betty! You're back!" Archie announced as soon as he walked close to the girls; he bent down across the table and gave her a small hug before he sat opposite to the girls. Veronica smiled widely at Archie waiting for a kiss but he settled down in the seat, busy talking to Betty. Jughead sat down next to Archie with a "You look radiant" comment, Betty smiled at Jughead in return.

       Betty and Jughead had decided to remain friends after the ordeal with the prep school, Evelyn and the misunderstanding that followed. And after Betty got to know that her mother almost broke up with Mr. Jones because of them, she realised how much their parents needed each other...truthfully more than them. So they decided to take a break from their relationship and see how things would flow. It was hard for both of them at the beginning, it was also one of the reasons Betty had gone away but both have somehow managed to stay put. Jughead was trying to invest all of his time in the 'Baxter brothers' franchise yet he couldn't come up with anything. Eventually, Jughead started a relationship with a fellow prep-mate 'Donna' just to feel less lonely and yet he hadn't told about it to anyone, at least not before he could say it to Betty.

        Betty smiled back at Jughead "I guess away from the town and all the mystery-murder crap that keeps falling on us was refreshing enough...it was a relaxing week" the boys smiled in her response. "And that's not the only reason!" Veronica announced smiling ear-to-ear, while Betty murderously stared at veronica at once. "Shut up V!" She nudged veronica who just laughed; the boys looked at the girls confused.

"C'mon they should know...Take a wild guess?" Veronica looked at the boys, waiting for one of them to guess something but both looked pretty much clueless as always, while Betty sat awkward in her seat. "Good grace!! You guys still can't pick up on little things!!" Betty smiled at veronica's remarks and shrugged accepting the fact. "It's a guy...she met a guy!!" both Archie and Jughead's face fell at the very mention of a guy. Veronica stared at the guys who were staring at Betty in surprise; Jughead went first "You met someone?" Archie sat still waiting for Betty to answer.

Betty squirmed at her seat a little and sighed "Ahh...mm...wwe...well not technically" she answered unsure. Archie instinctively questioned her "What?? What does that even mean Betty?" everyone at the table could feel Archie's serious and irritated tone. Betty was surprised at his tone and answered him carefully "He's just a friend of Charles, Arch...we met him at the get-away...and he took us around the town..." Veronica chuckled "and someone whom she almost kissed!!" the trio including Betty looked shocked at Veronica and guys looked at Betty. Betty immediately retorted "No...No...that did not happen..." she defended herself to the guys. "...I almost slipped from the stairs and he caught me at the right time, so we stood close by...that's it!! V!!!" Veronica took a sip from her milkshake shrugging "Still sounds romantic to me!!" Betty laughed shaking her head, giving up on convincing her friend otherwise.