Chapter 26B

Hi everyone! hope all are doing good!! so here's the second part of the chapter. i tried to less cliche as possible...if not forgive me!

--------------------------------------

Betty's home,

          Betty entered her home with the feeling of the kiss still lingering in her lips with Alice and Matt chatting in the living room, Alice immediately wished "Hey Betty! I made some coffee...you want to join us?" she called smiling. But Betty was so engrossed in her own thoughts that she barely noticed her mother or anyone and walked straight to her room, she dropped her bag next to her table and walked to the front window. She looked out the window; her mind was a mess as if her thoughts were put through a blender and every time she puts some pieces together trying to make some sense, it makes hers even more confused. She sat near the window frame holding a pillow to her chest, just as she wanted to scream into the pillow a soft knock startled her. For a second she thought it would be Archie and her heart instantly rose and feeling a heat pass through her with the kiss still fresh in her mind. She held her breath when the door knob turned but she smiled relieved when Matt peaked inside smiling "May I come in?" he asked with a funny face making her laugh and nod.

         He chuckled at her laughing and walked inside; he stood in front of her watching outside the window seeing the night has not completely settled down. He looked at Betty who was also watching the sky "How badly did you want to scream?" he asked surprising Betty completely. He looked pointing at the pillow in her hand, she sadly smiled looking at it and back at Matt "very much!" he nodded understandingly. He leaned on the wall with his hands in his pocket, "So how was your meeting with Jughead go?" he asked; Betty had informed Matt that morning about her decision of telling Jughead how she really felt about the book, she at least needed someone to talk to now that she was trying to avoid Archie and all the feelings that followed with him. She sighed "I told him...about how I felt on writing about my father...I almost didn't but..." she paused making Matt a little curious. "But..." he repeated tilting his head a little, she looked at him and out the window almost smiling "But Archie came!" Matt smiled at her response.

       Betty could feel his smile from her side eye, "He came at the right moment and pushed me to tell Jughead!" Matt nodded; he sat at the opposite end of the window hearing her. Betty looked a little lost when Matt voice brought her chain of thoughts, "What?" she asked when she saw Matt waiting for her reply; matt just laughed "Jughead's reaction to it?" he asked again. Betty thought for a second "hmm...he looked a little surprised at Arch's arrival like I was but he was happy to see him and understood...he usually does..." she said feeling a little uncomfortable. Matt watched Betty go through a series of emotions; "hmm...and how did you feel when he came?" Matt asked deciding to help her thought process a little. Betty without a second thought smiled "relieved...extremely, I was so happy to see him there like always...I never knew I needed him there until he came" she looked at Matt who was just simply smiling at her. Matt sighed "So how long are you going to avoid him?" he asked making the smile on Betty's face fall immediately, she had told him about Archie's confession that evening as soon as she came back from school. On the other hand, Matt had already guessed the situation by their body language when they came down, but he never said or advised Betty in any manner until now.

       Betty sat there silently unable to answer to matt...or even look back at him; the truth to be told she herself didn't know what she wanted anymore. Every time she feels she should not act on her feelings, her heart automatically takes a step towards Archie...and if she decides to act on the feeling, her mind shows her Veronica's disappointed face holding her back in guilt. "You can't run away from making a decision forever...one way or other you'll lose someone close to you like this!" Matt's words sunk her even more, she looked at Matt helplessly. Betty gulped the heaviness that was forming in her throat, "V is my best friend! She has done so much for us...she didn't even think for a second before she stood against her father for us...how could I do that to her" she said trying to answer Matt and herself. Matt nodded looking at the chocked up Betty, "I know...you've told me, repeatedly!" he said making her look at him, "isn't Archie your friend too?" Matt asked making Betty close her eyes sinking in her place.

         Betty could hear another voice from inside her; Archie is your 'friend'...is he? Is he just your 'friend'? Has he ever been just your 'friend'...no matter what he did, he was always your Archie...that boy who always look through you with his light brown eyes. Betty opened her eyes with a fresh set of tears ready to roll out and shook her head "I would never want to hurt Veronica and..." she started with a stern voice but stopped in the middle. Matt narrowed his eyes curiously "And?", "and I don't want to get hurt either" she said with her tears finally rolling across her cheeks while Matt's curious face turned smiling.

     "So that's the reason!" Matt smiled at Betty making her look at him surprised at her own words, "You're scared of hurting yourself!?" Matt spoke again while Betty's was in her own thoughts. She suddenly got up from the window wiping her tears away and walked in her room, she stopped in the middle of the room looking at Matt who settled near the front window. Betty sighed "Yes! I am afraid of getting hurt!!" she admitted trying to stay strong, "I've already gotten my heart broken by him and it took forever..." she stopped and shook her head "...no, I still haven't gotten over that yet! And if I again accept his feelings and that happens again I don't know if I'll be able to pick myself up again..." Betty looked lost "Being his friend hurt less than hoping for something more!!" she admitted with another set of tears flowing out. Matt watched as Betty wiped her eyes again standing rooted to her place, he could see that she was struggling between she wants and what she needs just like someone he knew. He smiled "Do you know what keeps bothering you when you grow up!" he asked with his hands crossed across his chest, Betty suddenly giggled "People!" she said with a smiled making Matt burst out laughing, remembering the same words he said her when she visited the city.

      Matt shook his head still smiling "they always do...but the one that really bothers you are the 'if only and what if's' you left open!" Betty slowly changed understanding his words. Matt got up from his place and slowly walked towards Betty "and as cliché as it sounds...the only way to know is follow what you really want at every step of your life!" Betty looked at him. She knew what she really wanted the moment when Archie kissed her in her room, or when he said he was serious about her in the blue and gold. Matt stood in front Betty who was still thinking, he placed his hands on her shoulder "I'm telling this from my experience... it's better to have a pained heart than an empty one!" Betty looked at Matt as his words hit her in the right spot.

       Matt sighed hesitating a second "I'm not your brother but I'm telling this for you" Betty looked at Matt gratefully, she kept her arm over his hand smiling and nodding. Matt continued "...I don't know any of your friends here personally but I can tell you care about them all... Then do you want any of them to feel the same pain as you!" he asked making Betty confused for a second, Matt pointed his head towards her side window; she looked towards it and smiled seeing Archie's window. Betty looked back at Matt but before she could speak he spoke again "You've been telling me Veronica is your best friend...before everything..." Betty nodded just as her guilt was about to move in, "then believe me! She would be the first one to understand you and Archie!" Betty smiled at his words partially agreeing to his point. Matt let go of her shoulder and leaned back "Second to Kevin of course!" he added making Betty finally laugh, she wasn't sure if that was her decision but she felt a lot better about her options now. She looked at her side window and walked towards it, she saw Archie looking through his phone standing before his bed and smiled.

-------------------------------------

that's it for the chapter ! hope it was okay to read, i had to cut down a lot of it to reduce size and to make it less cliche.

with that...i will see you'll at the next chapter update!

take care and stay safe!! hope for the best

Divi