Chapter 26A

hello everyone! hope all are doing well, believe things will get better for everyone!! i'm here with the next update...

------------------------------

Blue & Gold Office,

        Archie's smile, his brown eyes, his distinct scent, the warmth of his lips were all running through Betty's mind while she sat in her office staring at the window behind her chair and she couldn't help but smile. She felt a tingling sensation in her stomach just like when she was crazy for Archie; her heart was racing more and more with each time she thought about Archie. "Liar!" Archie's word rang in her ear again, she closed her eyes and sighed embarrassed at how bad she is at lying to him, and she opened her eyes and looked at the window. She smiled at her own lie; everyone who knew her knows that she could never 'not love' Archie and to say it to Archie himself Betty wanted to smack her own head. But she was desperate as his words were melting her resolve to not betray her best friend and she couldn't think of anything else expect deny every feeling towards. She barely moved when the message tone from her phone rang, she slowly moved her hand and located the phone on the front-table, she picked it up and opened the message all the while staring at the window. She looked at her phone un-interested but her eyes grew wider when she read the message...

From: Jughead

Hey I just reached Pop's...you on your way??

        She watched with her jaws dropped, this time she smacked her head for forgetting her meeting with Jughead that they decided way before Archie proposed. In full panic mode, Betty rotated her chair towards the table almost tumbling down, jumped up, picked all her things, stuffed it into her bag and almost run out of the blue and gold office checking her watch. She flew through the corridors by all the lockers and almost jumped the stairs at the entrance but stopped momentarily. She looked towards the football court by the side, she was hesitant to leave without informing anything to Archie but she was also afraid about his reaction and anything after that gave Betty an ulcer. She shook her head and turned towards road betting her phone out to leave a message for Archie while she speed-walked towards pops.

Pop's diner,

       Betty let out a breath and entered the diner by pushing their glass door, she smiled at pop who gave her his best welcoming smile and she turned towards the counter to spot Jughead waving his had cheerfully to get her attention. Her mind screamed for her to turn and run away, but with a strong hold she marched inside with a steady smile. She walked towards Jughead who was smiling from ear to ear seeing Betty "Hey jug! Sorry I kept you waiting!!" Betty wished why she settled herself in the opposite seat, "Don't worry about it! I didn't mind waiting either way!! You want something? Shall I order something for you??" Jughead shot questions at her while she nervously nodded for all and added at the end smiling "No... I'm good!" she held her hand tightly underneath the table.

      Jughead could see Betty's discomfort from her face, "Are you okay Betty? You seem lost??" his voice made Betty break out of her thoughts and finally see Jughead and his surroundings properly. She smiled nodding focussing "I'm fine Jughead...just a little tired that's all!" she answered honestly; "Ya! I heard..." he casually commented that went unheard by Betty. A few minutes went by with them discussing normal high school stuffs, Jughead refrained from asking her about the new guy he met from last time since it came second to the thing he was just about to ask. "So Betty? Did you read the manuscript?" Jughead asked expecting some kind of comment immediately but the question just startled and froze Betty, she looked everywhere trying to form a right sentence but nothing was coming to her mind. Each second that passed made Jughead's smile fell and disappointment took over, "that bad huh?" he asked barely able to hold a smile while Betty instantly retorted feeling flustered "No No Jug...it was great...it was really well written...I liked it... I really did..." Jughead looked at her hanging in the middle of the sentence. Jughead leaned forward on the table "Then what is it? C'mon Betty you can tell me anything" Betty looked up at his words and saw Jughead smiling genuinely with a hint of concern.