Chapter 8

hello everyone!! happy valentine's day!!

so here is the next chapter!

Picture credited to Riverdale (The CW)

----------------------

As soon as she closed her eyes trying to get some sleep, the memory from the evening played before her eyes like a movie.

FB*

Pop's Diner,

      "Hey Veronica!!" Pop's wished Veronica with the usual cheeriness but veronica just smiled back in reply. Pop's knew she was upset about something, he also deduced it would have to do something with her father. He watched as Veronica made her way to the basement dejected without a word; he silently prayed to give her some peace of mind and went about his work.

She looked at her speak easy and sighed heavily, she remembered all the performances, the laughter, the fights, the booze everything very clearly. And to see that place in such dull and darkness was breaking her, Speak Easy was something very personal to her and to see it slip away at every step made her enraged.

        She sat on one the table silently in the darkness, she couldn't get that smile her father had a few minutes ago out of her mind. He had somehow made his way into her plans again, and every time that happened, the therapist's words rang in her mind making her crazy. Her phone rang breaking her out of her thoughts, She realised she was on the verge of crying and calmed herself before taking her phone.

Usually Archie's name would have brought a smile on her face but this time she didn't have the energy to fight the disappointment she was feeling. "Hello?" she spoke still trying to control her emotions, Archie responded "Ronnie? Hey it's me... how are you??" those words almost made the tears in veronica's eyes break out but she held back."I've had better days..." she heard Archie sigh on the other side. All of her friends could say that she was upset with just her voice, especially Archie, Betty and Jughead.

       "Hey Veronica...do you want to hang out... shall we meet somewhere??" Archie asked, she smiled knowing he was trying to cheer her up. Thinking for a second she answered "hmm... I'm sorry Arch... can we take a rain check... I'm just not in a mood for company... I just want to be alone for time being" she was feeling sorry for rejecting his offer but she didn't want anyone to see her, this vulnerable. "Okay! Call me if you need anything... you know we're all there for you!" Veronica smiled thanking Archie silently for understanding. "Okay...bye then!" he said and cut the call.

She throw the phone on the table and sat for some time finally feeling the tiredness set in, she needed something to ease her frustration. She got up and went over the bar to see if any of the drinks available but had no luck. All the bottles remaining where empty, feeling the luck against her she threw the empty bottle across the room, near the entrance. "Wow!!" someone screamed as the bottle hit the wall and broke, taking Veronica by surprise. She looked over to see no-one then slowly Reggie's head popped from ground, she cleared her throat and calmed.

       "Reggie? What are you doing here??" Veronica asked while a shocked Reggie walked into the bar. "Well I came to see you!! I guess not in a good time?" he said looking back at the spot the bottle hit. "Yahh...it isn't! You should leave...like now!!" Veronica spoke turning her back to him, anyone who knew veronica could tell she was upset. Reggi took a few steps and placed a hand on her shoulder from behind, she immediately yanked it "I told you to leave Reggie...just leave!" she shouted but Reggie didn't budge from his place.