Chapter 14b

Hellooo...here is the second part of chapter 14.... Buckle up it's a long chapter

-----------------

Archie's home,

"What?" Archie exclaimed surprised when Mary told him that she came to his room in the middle of the night and she was the one to switch off the light. Betty had just left to take a call from her just before their late breakfast. Archie wasn't sure how to react, he was grateful that his mom didn't wake them but also was not what she was thinking. Archie asked "Well if you were in our room! Why didn't you wake us up??" he casually asked trying find his mom's thoughts.

Mary had her back side to him while pouring the juice, "Because both of you looked too cute together!" she whispered smiling to herself. She cleared her throat and put a straight face, turned to see Archie still waiting for her answer. Mary sighed "Well you guys were completely out...you guys looked so peacefully as if you hadn't slept in ages...so I didn't want to disturb that!!" Mary shrugged being completely honest.

On cue Betty walked in smiling from her phone call, Archie looked at Betty knowing she was the main reason for his peaceful sleep. All three settled for breakfast, "I'm sorry Mrs. Andrews that I couldn't help you this morning!" Betty apologised seeing the simple yet wonderful eatables in front of her. Mary instantly reached out and held her hand "Oh don't worry about it Betty! I hope you had enough rest though!!" Mary asked.

Betty nodded at once "Oh Definitely Mrs. Andrews! It was the best sleep I'd had in days!!" Archie looked at Betty for a moment and remembered about her worries and how peaceful her face turned when she held his hands. Betty looked at Archie smiling, her nightmares were worsening making her lose sleep for the past few weeks but today she realised all she just needed was someone to be next to her. Both Archie and Betty looked at each other and smiled silently thanking each other for their peaceful night.

Mary could sense the energy between them and smiled understanding it, she could clearly see in Archie's change in mood and behaviour after Betty's visit and especially after her return. Being a lawyer she was used to judging people from their manner, body languages and she could clearly see it even though both Archie and Betty fail to see it.

"So have you guys planned anything today? Coz I might have to go out briefly for a case...so I wouldn't be home" Mary said and watched Archie and Betty undergo a momentary stroke when she said the last words. "No mom we didn't plan anything...but Betty what do you want to do?" Archie quickly asked Betty who looked completely lost of words. "Anything is fine Arch!" she said and Archie's face fell; thinking for a few seconds "you want to go for a movie? Pop's maybe?" Betty nodded her head though uninterested in any of those.

Archie could tell by her expression that she didn't want to do any of those, so both thought for few minutes while Mary watched them silently for them to decide. Betty's face brightened "How about the lake? We could go fishing??" Mary instantly looked at Archie. Archie had a stunned look, making Betty nervous but slowly he smiled "Sounds perfect!" he said making Betty clap in excitement and Mary looked in slight amazement.

Archie had dreaded going to the lake after his father passed, Mary even remember Archie saying he would never want to go there without his father. Mary was now watching him and smiled at her son; she knew there was one person to thank for that. She silently laughed understanding Archie's smile and look at Betty at that moment, "Are you sure you guys will be fine alone?" she asked. Both of them looked at Mary with a confused face and instantly Mary was reminded of all the things these two have gone through. "Ahh never mind!!" she commented and walked into the kitchen with her plate while Betty and Archie smiled and started discussing about the trip.