Chapter 12

hello everyone hope all are taking all necessary preventive measure and taking good rest during this time.

lets all hope for the best ad do our best too!!

-------------------------------------------------

Next Morning,

*beep, beep, beep*

Archie could feel the heat on his face, slowly he tried to open his eyes but the brightness was making it harder. He slowly got up realizing he was still in his bed and randomly traced his hands over the bed until it hit his phone and switched off his alarm. He brought his other hand towards his eyes while yawning but stopped when he felt something in his hand. He opened his eyes to see the photo in his hand; he blinked a few times to focus his vision on the picture.

       He had fallen asleep with the picture in his hand; he chuckled looking at it again. He glanced around his room and got up from his bed and walked to wards his table. He placed the picture inside a book and sealed it inside his bag still smiling. He turned around stretching his hands and legs feeling light both in his mind and heart, completely fresh in the morning.

Blue and gold Office,

"So how confident are you guys to win this championship?" Betty asked with her pen ready on the notepad he held. The bulldogs looked at each other and smiled before turning towards Betty again, Reggie gave his usual smirk "We're gonna beat the sh*t out them" and the bulldogs screamed in agreement startling and entertaining Betty. She nodded in agreement, while Archie kept looking at her every few seconds. With few more questions to each player she concluded her interview wishing them a best of luck and doing the Bulldogs salute making everyone happy and excited about their game.

         They all thanked Betty for the upcoming article and exited the office one by one, while Archie stayed back till the end. After everyone left, Archie turned towards Betty who was keeping her note in her bag; Archie smiled "Well I guess I'll get changed too, I'll meet you outside then?" he asked moving towards the door. Betty instantly turned towards him "Archie Wait!" she shouted making him stop in his track and turned to her. "Can we talk before that?" Betty hesitantly asked Archie, he chuckled at her hesitating but nevertheless nodded and walked back towards her table.

They both sat on the chair facing each other, Archie looked at Betty while Betty concentrated on her hands while sighing every once a while. "Betty? What is it? Why do you look nervous??" he smiled, and so did Betty. Betty let out a big breath and looked at Archie with a serious look making him grow serious; "Arch, it's probably none of my business..." Archie leaned forward to listen to her intently. "Is everything okay between you and V?" Betty asked; at once the smile on Archie's face dropped making him go serious.

        Seeing his face she moved front and held his hand, "Arch? Look I'm sorry if talking to you like this... but somehow I'm getting the feeling you both are not entirely alright!" Archie looked at Betty, amazed by how spot-on her guess was. He leaned back in his chair and tried to look away, "It's nothing like that betty? We've both been busy lately that all!" Betty stayed silent.

       She understood from Archie's body language and his words that he was trying to avoid talking about it and she didn't want to pry on it anymore. She tugged on the hand she was holding making him lean closer towards her, Archie was surprised at the action but he was more surprised by how close Betty's face was to his. They both sat leaning away from the chair looking at each other, "Archie! Whatever it may be, it's just a phase... it'll pass I promise"