Chapter 27

Hello everyone! i'm so sorry in a little late to post this...some issues got in the way! So this chapter has a some time jumps...so please bare with the story! i'm sorry if you're confused.

----------------------

Riverdale High

           Betty walks through the school corridors, it was way past school time and most of the students have left except for the ones in the extracurricular classes. Since the big game week is in a couple of days and the senior prom following after soon the students would get busy with all the preparation from the next day. She slowly walked towards the football court that looked darkened over the evening sun where the team has been practising tirelessly for the past few days. She watched a particular red-head boy running among the crowd, a smile made its way to her face. Since her talk with Matt, she hasn't had many opportunities to talk to Archie; as he barely attends any classes or walks with her since his practise start earlier than usual and ends way up the time. She sighs to herself and walks away towards the gate to head home, she completely misses Archie looking at her from the field and smiling to himself. "Archie?" his teammate's voice brought him back and he happily ran back to practice sparing a last glance towards Betty. This is how the past few days have been for both Betty and Archie; the occasional glances and small smiles is how they've been communicating amongst their busy schedule. The prom has been bigger burden than Betty had hoped for; each student with an idea and request, the blue and gold office was flooded with seniors and juniors for the past days for her to barely think to herself about anything.

           Betty slowly walked towards her home in deep thoughts, Matt has been busy with his work in the nearby village, and Charles has been busy with...whatever he's been up to. Alice for once didn't prey on Betty's mood or her life for quite some time which fortunately gave Betty the much needed space to think about herself and everything surrounding her especially the pearl wearing black haired and red hair bulldog. Betty put her head down once again when the image of Archie smiling at her popped into her head, she slowly dragged her feet into her empty home. The silence hit her as soon as she stepped in, she drank some water and strode towards her room; letting exhaustion take control of her body Betty fell on her bed but not before her eyes automatically glance towards Archie's window. She placed her hand over her eyes, she knew she needed to talk to Archie and knowing that after the game nothing would keep him busy to appear before her, was making her more nervous; With the same thoughts, she gladly allowed sleep to take over her mind.

The game day,

     The school seniors stood in the hallway outside the principal's office with their signs and bulldog jackets and tees. The door opened, and the seniors of the bulldog teamed came out running amongst the cheers from the gathering outside. The principal had wanted to wish them for their last game, pumped with energy the players ran howling through the crowd like always and disappearing towards their locker room. Between the crowd, a pair of bright blue eyes watched silently smiling to herself, she spotted Archie smiling and laughing at the cheering; Archie had almost turned away but his eyes found her standing behind another classmate. Betty eyes grew big as soon as their eyes connected, her instincts told her to hide but she stood strong looking at him and finally bring a smile on her face. Archie's face brightened knowing her wishes needed no words, he pointed towards her for a split second before running towards the locker room. The cheering quickly died just as the players disappeared, the crowd took no time to run to the field to grab a seat to watch the game including their principal.

       Betty still lingered in the place as everyone around her rushed outside; she nodded towards her classmates to go before her when they urged her along. Within seconds the hallway was quieter than ever, she once again looked back towards the corner where Archie disappeared. Betty turned back and looked at empty corridor which was filling with faint noises of cheering from outside, she sighed to herself and shook her head smiling and decided to concentrate on cheering for Archie in the game for the day. And just as she was about to leaves outside, a strong hand circled around hers and pulled her aside to her surprise.