Chapter 19

hello everyone! hope all are doing good! now that we all have to wait for next season for more barchie, lets try to stay calm.

here's the next chapter..

------------------------------------

Betty's home,

Matt went up to Betty's room and knocked, he couldn't find a better circumstance; Alice was going out nearby and asked him to inform Betty. She opened the door "Matt? Morning" she wished smiling, Matt smiled back "Good morning Betty! Can I come in for a minute?" he asked hesitantly. She took a step back and showed his way inside; she walked in followed by him. He looked around the room, it looked simple and neat just like he had thought it would be.

And just as he was about to go sit at the window side Betty was pointing at, he glanced out through the other window to see someone standing and looking at them. He noticed red-head blue shirt almost run out of the room, he smiled to himself knowing what to expect. "What are you smiling at?" Betty asked looking at him, he just shook his head "Nothing...it's a very pretty room!" Betty smiled at his compliment. He sat near the front window and kept looking around while Betty waited for him to say something; "You wanted to see my room?" Betty asked sitting on her bed. Matt laughed "I'm just waiting for the right moment!" Betty looked at him confused, "What do you mean, Matt?" Betty asked being lost.

          Without a thought, Archie opened the door to Betty's room, startling Betty who at once got up from her place  surprised and confused and walked to Archie "Arch? What happened? Why are here like this..." she asked rubbing his back to calm his breathing. Archie looked at Matt was trying to scuffle a laughter; he then looked at Betty looking at him worried. Archie smiled at Betty "Nothing...I thought I over slept and was late... that's why I ran here!" Betty sighed rolling her eyes, "c'mon sit down... Matt just came in to talk about Charlie!" she made him sit on the bed while Archie looked at Betty and back at Matt. Betty looked at both, "You both know what I really feel about Charlie!" Betty turned towards Archie "He's the one I asked to investigate about Charlie, Arch" Archie nodded understanding why he wanted to talk to Betty alone all this time. Betty turned to Matt "...you already know that I told him!!" he nodded smiling, Archie felt relieved but not so much to trust him completely.

Matt sighed looking at both "First of all...it very hard to collect information about a fellow FBI agent without raising suspicion!" both Betty and Archie nodded in agreement, while Betty looked more apologetic. "Saying that I actually found nothing concrete on your half-brother..." Betty instantly grunted while Archie watched Betty slouch. Matt continued before Archie could say anything "If at all, he is guilty of something... he did a very good job of covering it!" Archie and Betty watched as Matt stated the fact. "But...there is one thing though" he added making Archie and Betty straighten up; "...you told me...chic said they had a fight and he killed you're brother..." Betty nodded while Archie silently watched between the two. "...and Charlie said they had a fight, he hit him but didn't kill him, right?" Betty again nodded while Archie was observing the facts again.

         Matt thought for a second "but the thing is...I asked around... and there is no record of such fight every happening in their flat..." both Archie and Betty looked confused. Matt got up and stood in front of Betty and Archie "see if at all, a fight like that ever happened... there is no way the neighbor would not know...people are good at eavesdropping but everywhere I asked all they said was... they were happy together... they came home...and one morning both were gone! That's all they said!" all the three looked kind of lost.

          Mat looked at both "I'm still trying to find if that true or not..." Betty nodded dejectedly. Archie noticed a sad Betty and placed his hand on hers, while Matt touched her shoulder making her look at him "Don't worry Betty... Either I will prove your brother is wrong or... I will clear all your doubts on him...I can assure you that!" Betty smiled at Matt, while Archie stared between them, he was too worried about Betty to feel pissed about Matt.