Chapter 3A

Hello everyone!! i'm so sorry for not updating soon, my personal work had kept me pretty busy! and this chapter turned out to be longer than i expected...so im breaking the chapter into two part...here is the first!!

PC - google

-------------------------

Archie saw Betty walking in the street alone; an instant smile appeared on his face. He instantly honked his car; his smile grew when he saw Betty startled by the sound and looked around to find where the sound came from. Her eyes finally settled at his direction.

Laughing Archie instantly got out of the car; Betty rolled her eyes smiling, looking at Archie. He soon locked his car and jogged towards Betty, "you startled me Archie!" Betty playfully hit Archie on his shoulder. Archie laughed and shrugged, "You walking home?" he asked putting his Keys in his pocket. Betty nodded smiling, "great let's go!!" Archie said standing beside Betty.

Betty looked over his shoulders at his car, "what about your car Arch?" Archie also glanced at it and turned back. "It wouldn't start..." he said trying to look confident, "and it's almost out of fuel, so I thought I would park it hear and walk home for now..." Betty looked at the car. "Oh c'mon maybe it's just a small problem...let's take a look!" Betty started to walk towards the car; Archie instantly leaped reaching out and holding her hand trying to stop her.

"Betty! It's dark and it's getting late...let's just leave it here today...I've locked it and we can check on it tomorrow!" Archie tried to explain things while Betty kept looking at him confused. "School's staring tomorrow..." Archie used his last hope for stopping her; Betty sighed and nodded in agreement. Archie sighed in relief, he gestured for her to start walking; Smiling Betty and Archie started to walk to their home.

They walked in silence for few minutes...it wasn't any kind of nervous or awkward silence...just peaceful and quiet one. Archie smiled thinking how much he had missed this, and kept on glancing at Betty who was walking with a smile plastered in her face.

Archie puckered up some courage and cleared his throat to ask her but Betty beat him to it. "I'm very happy Archie!!" Betty began and looked at Archie who looked at her in confusion, "That you moved back with your mom! I'm really glad" Archie smiled sensing the sincerity in Betty's tone. Archie nodded "I should be thanking you for that...if it wasn't for you I would have definitely be in a darker place right now...ignoring the people I care about and that cared about me..." he finished looking at Betty.

Archie spoke again when Betty didn't speak anything in return "I don't know what I would do...if not for you Miss. Betty Cooper" Betty instantly looked at Archie surprised and happy, especially hearing that playful tone after a long time. Betty and Archie both laughed, Betty slowly circled her hands around his arm while replying "I guess we'll never find out!!" Archie smiled patting her hands

After another few minutes of walking in silence, Archie hesitantly asked "So? What about you and Jughead?" he wasn't sure he wanted to know but it was better than the dilemma his mind had put him in. Betty sighed yet stayed silent for a few seconds, "hm...nothing happened like you guys think..." Betty meant about veronica and Archie.

Just before the boys came into pops, Veronica talked about how she and Archie know that their break-up wouldn't last that long and how even though they broke up mutually, it would be Jughead who would want to rekindle first. Betty also knew the reason Veronica mentioned about 'the guy' from Betty's vacation as a big deal was to make Jughead jealous, Veronica was so convinced that Jughead was going to ask to get together again.

Betty smiled shaking herself from those thoughts "He's going out with one of his classmate..." Archie stopped in his tracks "WHAT?" he looked genuinely shocked, he was not expecting Jughead to be dating anytime sooner and the fact he didn't mention about it to him on their way to pops made it even harder to believe it. "Betty, Are you Okay?" Archie asked the next second; Betty smiled and pulled Archie along with her to start walking again.

"I'm fine Arch! I'm actually more than fine...I've come to accept that things have changed...for better or worse" Archie was intently listening to her while she was trying to word her feelings. She suddenly chuckled "I'm actually surprised of how calm I feel right now...I distinctly remember how heartbroken it was the first time but now it feels different..." she looked at Archie who just nodded along with what she said. "And this time...different feels good!" Betty smiled convinced making Archie smile in relief.

"And i believe from tomorrow our high-school is gonna keep us busy!" Betty said to change the topic and lighten the mood, and it worked at once. They talked about various things over their upcoming school year. Archie told her about the football finals and how he needs to get back in game to try to land a scholarship.

Betty also mentioned how her joining the FBI internship made her realize she was so not cut out for it...at least for now. She decided that she will learn her way slow and steady, rather than doing things way out of her league. She has also decided to spilt her time between her studies and returning to blue and gold. Along the way she also mentioned her new growing suspicion on Charlie, Archie was surprised to hear it since she and Jughead last time told them how helpful he had been through all this but he didn't press on it more.

Betty then moved onto question Archie about Veronica and Hiram, Archie admitted that he had been busy with his own issues he hardly had any time to ask Veronica about her. Archie continued to tell Betty about his 'uncle' and the difficulties he has been facing. It was Betty's time to listen to him intently now, he said his mom filled in on few gaps and how he is at present staying at the Community centre and guiding the kids like his dad.

Unable to stop himself anymore Archie finally asked about 'the guy' from her vacation, "So about the guy?" Archie began gaining Betty's attention. "What guy?" Betty questioned him, he breathed "The guy Veronica mentioned earlier...the one you almost kisses apparently!" he instantly regretted asking her fearing her answer. Betty smiled and rolled her eyes "Oh c'mon! We did NOT almost kiss...and it's not what veronica implied and as I said he was just Charlie's friend who we met there" she said in flow and stopped to catch a breath.

Archie didn't reply anything, "He showed us around the town a bit...there is nothing that's 'is' or 'can be' okay?" she asked while Archie nodded internally smiling. "God Arch! You're asking too many questions today..." Betty joked as they finally reached Betty home. "Well get used to it!!" Archie replied casually, Betty looked at Archie but he just smiled.

"See you tomorrow Betty!" Archie said first, Betty finally pulled her hands from his arm and nodded "yes! Bright and early! Good night Archie! Say hi to your mom for me" she walked towards her door. Just before she could open the door she looked back to see Archie standing with his hands in his pocket at the same spot, he smiled.

The door suddenly opened to reveal Alice, "Hey Betty why are you standing outside?" she said and peeked outside to see Archie. Archie waved his hand towards Alice and Alice did the same to him. Alice narrowed her eyes on him while he slowly walked towards his house and Betty, while she went inside smiling as well.

--------------------

So that's it for this part...i hope it wasn't too bad, i will update the next part in few hours or tomorrow.

have a great day...bubye