Chapter 20

Hello everyone! Sorry for the delay...this has been a long chapter. hopefully you're not comatosed by reading it...see you at the end.

-----------------------

Pop's diner,

           Betty sat in one of the booth looking outside the window in deep thoughts; her mind was fixated on Archie's disappointed look when she mentioned him about meeting from her mind. She didn't know why it bothered her so much, she sighed feeling absolutely clueless of how to handle things at present. She wanted to talk to Archie and clear this right that moment but she sat silently. "Hey" Jughead's voice startled her out of her thoughts, she watched as Jughead glided into the seat opposite to hers holding their drinks. "Here's your milkshake!" Jughead happily kept her milkshake in front of her while she smiled in return. Both sipped their cold milkshake, Jughead glanced at Betty and let out a few breathes "Thanks for meeting me Betty!" Betty smiled at Jughead, "no problem jug! You're my friend... of course I would come!" Jughead smiled unsure of how he felt about being 'friends' but he kept silent. He leaned back at his seat "So how have your classes been? And blue and gold??" Betty nodded smiling and a flash of Archie's face passed through her mind again. "It's been Okay! It's quite busy...I've been asked to edit the yearbook and I also promised to help out with the upcoming senior prom" she said already feeling exhausted about the amount work she has.

         Jughead nodded smiling sadly, he looked up to see Betty looking at him with a raised eyebrows; he just smiled "It feels weird for me... thinking that I would not be in either of them" Betty grew a little quieter remembering all the plans they made last year. Jughead shook his head smiling "either way... I asked you to meet me so I could ask you a huge favour!" Betty looked completely clueless at Jughead. Jughead dug through his backpack and took out a bundle of paper and extended it to Betty "I finished my first draft for the Baxter brother novels reboot!!" Betty instantly smiled and took the bundle in her hand smiling "Oh wow! Congratulations Jughead!" Jughead beamed at her wish. Betty opened the first page "...and now I want your opinion on it!" Jughead commented leaning back in his seat.

          Betty looked up from the page surprised by his comment, completely taken aback she looks down at the bundle in her hand nervously "ah...I don't know what to say jug..." she said doubtfully. Jughead smiled shrugging "Just say you would give it a read and give me your honest opinion like always..." she smiled at the memories of every time she had the pleasure of reading his work. Jughead hesitantly leaned forward "...it's based on a serial killer!" Betty froze at the mention of 'serial killer' she looked at Jughead and understood. She had almost forgotten that she had given him permission to write stories based on her late father. A lump was formed in her throat as the mention of her father bring in a flood of memories, but she pushed it down, let out a big breath and put on a smile on her face "of course... I'll let you know as soon as I finish it!" Jughead smiled relieved.

         Jughead again dug through his back pack took out a few more files and pushed it towards Betty "Here..." she looked at Jughead confused and then at the files. Her eyes narrowed looking at the writing on the files 'Black Hood' she recognized the files to of FBI's and looked back at Jughead. "These are the notes Charlie lent me when I told him that I was writing about 'serial killers'...you can return it to him right?" Betty focus suddenly shifted to her half-brother. But seeing Jughead waiting for an answer she smiled again "Of course... I will!" Jughead smiled feeling much more relaxed.

            They got back to their drinks, smiling and drinking their milkshakes silently; suddenly "Betty!" someone's voice made Jughead look behind Betty towards the counter. Betty was still in deep thoughts that she barely heard the voice from behind her; Jughead curiously watched the owner of the voice moved towards them. "Betty Cooper!?" the voice finally broke Betty out of her thoughts; she turned her head and saw Matt staring back at her. It took her a few minutes to register who it was, "Matt??" she said smiling surprised at him, he smiled back. Betty looked at the counter to see if he was accompanied by his mom but seeing no one she looked back at him questioningly, he just casually smiled "Your mom said I should have a look around the town... and since you'll talked about this place I came to check it out myself!" Betty laughed even more when she saw the milkshake he got in his hand.