Chapter 24

hello everyone! here the update for chapter 24...hope you like it, see you'll at end of the chapter.

---------------------------

       Archie nervously laughed "I needed to say something to you!" Betty raised her eyes focusing her attention on him "What is it, Arch?" she asked; he looked down feeling hesitant to speak and Betty noticing this reached and held his hand making Archie look at her surprised by the action. She leaned forward towards him while he watched Betty's big eyes looking at him expectantly with a small smile on her lip. But he was stuck; every word he had thought of and put together all night had disappeared from his memory. He intern twisted his hand and held her hand in his, Betty watched their hand and back to his face with a concerned look, Archie looked at her with a straight face and just as he opened his mouth to speak they heard a clear knock on the door. They both turned to see Matt standing at the doorway, Betty let go of Archie's hand instantly irking Archie who controlled his growing irritation at that moment.

        "Matt! Come in!!" Betty said getting up from the window and walking towards the centre of the room while Archie sat there looking out the window to suppress the urge to half punch Matt right on his face. Matt walked in, he could sense Archie's irritation but he also knew he had to open this admist the presence of both Betty and Archie before it ends up hurting anyone. Matt glanced at an annoyed Archie who was still sitting at the window but this time facing the room, he looked at curious Betty. It took Betty few minutes to notice the papers in Matt hand and as soon as she did her eyes grew wide, she glanced towards Archie who was sitting behind her and looked at Matt pleadingly to not say it. But Matt turned a blind eye and rose the paper between them "Was this given by Charlie to Jughead?" Betty stood frozen and Archie looked confused. "What are those?" Archie's voice startled Betty who guiltily looked at Matt who just crossed his hand and waited for Betty to answer.

       Betty closed her eyes bracing herself and turned towards Archie, who waited patiently for Betty to begin explaining. Betty completely avoided Archie's eyes and spoke "This is the reference case file of 'Black hood' that Charlie gave Jughead for his book!!" she said in a low voice yet it made an exponential amount of impact on Archie. "What??" Archie gasped getting up from his seat, he couldn't completely process the information; "What do you mean Betty? Why would Jughead need these files for his book?" he asked walking towards Betty who instinctively moved a step back seeing him approach. Matt stood rooted to his place and watched from aside without uttering a word; Betty looked at Matt and at an expectant Archie standing in front of her "he's basing his Baxter brother book on the 'black hood'?" she said hesitantly. Archie stood there completely shocked at her words but before he could ask anymore she grabbed his hand "I'll tell you everything arch!" and she turned towards Matt who looked at both of them.

          "What is it you wanted to say Matt?" Betty asked Matt while still holding Archie's hand in hers; Matt watched between both and un-crossed his arms and showed the papers "this is...more than what you're usually allowed to give any writer...and this is way beyond information for a rookie writer!" Betty took the papers from Matt and looked at the files but she didn't have the heart to read any of it. "I'm not getting it Matt!" she said innocently while it was Archie's turn to watch between Betty and Matt. Matt nodded understanding her words "Usually when a writer needs information about people, we have restriction of what and how much we give them...we usually give them the information from the local stations and NOT from a FBI database!!" Betty and Archie watched the papers. They looked back at Matt "This is from FBI database?" Betty asked while Matt nodded his head "this is more than that...it has every small detail of all the black hood's murders... it's almost illegal to release..." he said surprising both of them. Archie moved closer to Betty "Why would Charles give such a file to Jughead??" Archie asked the first thing that popped into his mind, Matt nodded at him "that's my thought too!!" Betty looked at the two guys "Ya...I mean Jughead already knows about black hood as much as anyone!" she said innocently making Matt raise his eyebrows in question.

       "I think he's trying to create a rift between you all!!" Matt said making Archie and Betty look at him curiously and confused, "how can you be so sure?" Archie asked before Betty could say anything. Matt pointed at the papers "Because he did not give this much information on other cases! Others had barely 2 pages of description! Only the black hood file was this big!" he said confusing both even more. Archie watched Betty look at the paper as a flash of pain passed through her face, "Why?" she asked putting pressure on the word and the paper in her hand. The boys could tell her she was hurt...hurting at this moment, Matt took the papers from her hand and put the other on her shoulder "Betty! We'll find out soon...I'm gonna keep look into it" he said making Betty momentarily raised her head and smile at him. Both the guys could see her eyes tearing up; Archie turned his head as anger filled seeing Betty's eyes while Matt sadly smiled at her.

        He wanted to give her a hug but he saw Archie look at Betty worried and upset; he didn't want to butt in between them. He touched Archie's arm and turned to leave, Archie instinctively nodded while Matt walked out of the room closing the door behind him. A few minutes of silence passed the room, while Betty tried to calm herself and Archie watching over her holding her hand. Archie slowly made his way to stand in front of her "Betty why didn't you tell me?" Betty sighed without an answer. she shrugged "I didn't know what to say Arch..." she walked back towards the window "Jug had asked me if he could write about my father...It was for his first book and I didn't know what to say...I'm his friend arch! I always have been!!" Betty fought another couple of tear "So I agreed thinking I can go past it...but..." she sat down near the front window while Archie watched Betty struggling to get her words out.

             Archie walked towards Betty silently, "I don't think he would want to hurt a friend either Betty" he said standing in front of her, she glanced up sighing. Archie sat next to her "You need to talk to jug about it Betts!" Betty nodded slowly "How can I say anything now Archie! I..." Archie closed his eyes and spoke in a stronger voice "If you won't then I will..." Betty looked surprised at his words and tone. She slowly nodded making Archie a little calmer; she smiled at him "thanks Arch!" and leaned her over his shoulder. Archie smiled adjusting himself next to her, so her head fits over his shoulder brushing her hair against his cheeks; he held her hand in his and they stayed like that for few minutes. Archie understood Betty dilemma but he could never justify that be a reason for hurting herself, he let out a big sigh failing to words his thoughts. "You know I will always be there for you!!" he said barely above a whisper, Archie could feel Betty smile on his shoulder and on cue she raised her head to look at him. Their faces were inches away, Betty smile grew bigger seeing the sincerity of the words in Archie's eye and without looking away he whispered "Because I love you Betty Cooper!" it took a few seconds for the words and its emotions to sink in Betty but slowly her eyes grew wider and her smile dropped while Archie held his smile with a determination.

-------------------------

SO that's it for this chapter! hope you guys liked it

see you'll at next update, stay safe and take care

Divi