Chapter 10

hope all are doing good!!

here is the next chapter!!

-------------------------------

Betty's Home

      "Oh my god!!" Archie exclaimed as another one of childhood photo showed up making Betty and Charlie crack up. "This is one of li'l Archie's first performances!" Betty informed Charlie showing the picture of little Archie singing before the class in kinder-garden. Archie smiled embarrassed while Betty looked she was gonna burst from all the laughing. "How did you get that picture?" Archie asked taking the picture backing from an equally laughing Charlie, "well I have my ways... but I've had it for a long time!!" Betty said her facing glowing proudly. Archie smiled at Betty knowing she must have cutely coaxed his parents to getting this picture from them.

       Just as their laughing subdued and silence started to fill, Charlie's phone started to ring and he quickly jumped to get the phone and soon excused himself to attend the call. As soon as he went out the back door, Archie turned towards Betty seriously "So about Charlie? And about your trip?" Archie asked whispering while keeping an eye at the kitchen. Betty looked at Archie and then back at the backdoor where Charlie just exited.

FB*

the day Betty went off on the trip (refer chapter 3B)

Betty's room

After a few second of silence, Archie walked up to Betty and sat on the bed in front of her and held her hand "I'm so sorry Betty, I'm sorry that I was not there for you when you need me...I really am!" Betty placed the other hand on his and smiled. Betty looked at the door and back at Archie, "there is also something else I needed to do outside of town...that's why I agreed to this trip!" Betty spoke barely above a whisper making Archie confused.

Betty again checked down the door and spoke moving closer to Archie, "The real reason I agreed to this trip is I need to do some background on Charlie!!" Archie looked Betty with 'confused-question mark face', "Something about Charlie is still bothering me Archie... he has been helping us in every way... but something... " Betty thought for a few seconds while Archie observed her. "...it's like within a week of his arrival, we 'had' to tell him everything that has happened to us..." she shook her head trying to get her thoughts straight. "I just want to make sure this time... I don't want to end up trusting the wrong person like chip!!" Betty said feeling disappointed. Archie could clearly see that how all these incidents have made Betty insecure about things around her, he again held her hand and both held onto to each other's hands for sometime in silence.

      "So what is your plan?" Archie asked feeling her tension ease a little, Betty sighed "I'm hoping that his colleagues could tell me what the real story was between Charlie and Chip..." Archie listened to her intently. "Since Charlie is going to stay with us only for a day, and hoping he would introduce a few of his colleagues too!" Archie nodded understanding the big picture. Archie tugged on her hand making her look at him, "you call me, if you need anything okay? This time I will be there!!" Betty smiled thankfully and hugged him "Thanks Arch!!" she whispered. Archie hugged back smiling in response, he had already decided on it when he woke up this morning.

      Betty leaned back from the hug, "and I'm sorry about yesterday... I didn't mean to shout at you!!" Archie nodded his head, "Don't be...I'm very grateful for that" Betty smiled. "Without you I would have been completely blind to my mom's feelings..." Archie thanks her sincerely and Betty placed Her other hand on top.

*FB

      Betty smiled at Archie, "sadly not much! But I'm hoping to find something soon though!!" Betty answered confidently raising Archie's curiosity. Archie nudged on Betty's arm to continue, "...The guy I told you about... well at least Veronica talks about..." Archie instantly felt a sting of anger punch him in the gut. "Yes!!" he muttered in anger, "No one actually knew Charlie there until 4 years ago...so I told him everything and he said he would help me!!" Archie thought for a second while Betty watched the reactions Archie was going through.