Epilogue...

hello everyone! So this is the epilogue for the story!! hope you guys like it and see you at the end...

-----------------------

          Betty and Archie walked into Archie's room, they've been together in this room a million times yet this time felt completely different. Betty sighed "I'm sorry Arch! For making you go through that!!" Betty looked apologetic while Archie smiled and pulled her closer, "You don't have to apologise... whatever it is it's fine with me... as long as you're here!" both laughed at how cheesy that sounded. Betty noticed and smiled looking at the picture Archie recently pinned above his table; the photo of li'l Archie proposing to her, while Archie was admiring the view in his hand. Something in her mind snapped feeling Archie's hot breath against her neck, she slowly pulled away from his grip trying to be discreet "You should get some sleep Archie! You need to rest!!" Betty said looking around his room and avoiding any type of eye contact with him.

Archie could tell that something was wrong with her just from her face; he walked towards her and held her firm by the shoulder this time "What's wrong Betty?" Archie asked sincerely worried about her. Betty sadly looked at Archie that instantly scared Archie, "I can't stop thinking about veronica Arch!" Archie nodded with a long sigh understanding Betty's dilemma. "She's my best friend... I can NOT do anything to hurt her... and..." Archie instantly cupped Betty's cheeks feeling her voice choke in mid sentence.

"I know Betty!! She's my friend too... I don't want to hurt her either!!" he said and Betty nodded knowing he was sincere in his words. "First thing tomorrow, I'll talk to her...sort everything out...and I promise everything will be okay...I will make it 'Okay'!!" Betty smiled at Archie's words believing in him. Archie smiled seeing Betty calm down and smile back at him, he leaned forward and gave her a quick yet soft kiss, he rest his head on hers even after breaking from the kiss with her face still in his hands....and their breathing in sync.

Both stayed like that for few minutes in silence, a strange energy was filling the room, both Betty and Archie smiled with their eyes closed almost hearing their heartbeats. "I'll get going now!" Betty said with her eyes closed, "Why?" Archie asked pulling her face closer. "Because my brother is watching us from my room!!" Betty said and Archie instantly let of Betty and turned towards the window to see her room dark, and remembered he still hadn't returned. He turned around to see Betty laughing silently, he stared at her "I meant... my brother could watch us... good night Arch! Take rest...I'll see you tomorrow!!" Betty turned towards the door when Archie caught her hand firm.

Same night at Pop's Diner,

Veronica walked out of the Speak Easy basement into the pop's diner; she noticed it was pouring outside. She kept her umbrella at ready and glanced around just as she was about to leave when she spotted a familiar figure sulked in a booth. She took a few steps closer and after confirming the identity she smiled and slides along the opposite seat to him. Seeing he was in his deep through she finally spoke "Hello Jug!! Isn't Stonewall prep far from here?" she asked finally gaining Jughead's attention who just gave her a small smile in response.

"Not even a complete smile! What happened to you?" Veronica asked sensing Jughead's mood but Jughead reminded silent hesitating to answer. Veronica placed a hand on his, "C'mon Jughead! I'm your friend too...you can tell me anything!" Veronica said sincerely. Jughead looked at veronica looking at him; he let out a big breath and straightened himself in his seat "I broke up with Donna!" He answered without any emotions in his voice.

"Did she want to sleep with some else this time?" Veronica asked leaning back on his seat; Jughead stared at her and shook his head. "Donna and I broke up!" he repeated making Veronica look at him a little surprised, "I know...it's..." Jughead began seeing Veronica's look but Veronica cut him off "Thank god Jug!" which completely surprised and confused Jughead. "I thought I would have to make nice with her since you said you were dating her!! Which I didn't want to do..." she literally exclaimed in happiness making Jughead laughed for the first time in the evening.

Veronica and Jughead laughed while veronica explained everything she hated about her for 20 minutes straight. Their laughter slowed down and finally veronica asked him "So? Why did you break up with her??" Jughead grew completely serious again and shifter in his seat a little rigid. Veronica looked at his reactions confused, "it's a crazy excuse..." Jughead said making Veronica chuckle "honey! None of us are normal...c'mon out with it!" she said sipping her milkshake. "I broke up with her because of Betty!" Veronica held a composed expression as if she already knew. Jughead continued "because she was not Betty!!" Jughead said looking down on his hand; Veronica looked at him and sighed feeling sorry for him.

For the next 30 minutes, Jughead explained how on every day of their relationship he compared Donna with Betty on everything. How every now and then he would forget he was with Donna and still thought he was with Betty. He also admitted that at first he partly started to date Donna to make Betty jealous and maybe she would want to get back together with him. He called and met her with the excuse of the book, but he didn't even once think about how she would feel reading it...and her being okay with whatever I do was killing him too as if she didn't care about him anymore and yet he barely called or talked to her since the beginning of the school year. He was ashamed of himself, and veronica understood his feeling and emotions and let him rant all of it.

"I wasn't even a good friend...how can I ever imagine to be her boyfriend again?" Jughead looked at veronica. Veronica didn't know what to answer him but she sighed "if it helps...I haven't been the greatest girlfriend either..." Jughead looked at a disappointed veronica, "I've been so focused on getting back the speakeasy and my admissions and...my father... I've barely had any time for Archie!!" Jughead placed his hand on Veronica's this time. "I'm serious! I haven't checked up on him since we got back from the hospital, hell I couldn't even attend one of the most important game of his life... I still haven't seen him either!!" Veronica stopped rant seeing Jughead's weird look.

Both looked at each other and suddenly broke into a laugh, both laughed at each other like they had heard a great joke or something. "Guess I'm not alone in this anymore!!" Jughead said leaning back again, Jughead took his shake in his hand raised it "Well here's to being a 'not' so great boyfriend or girlfriend to our partners!" veronica stared at the raised glass while Jughead was waiting for Veronica to raise hers.Veronica smiled shaking her head, but came forward, took her glass in her hand and raised it. "No... here's to us... who are going to try our best... to get back our partners and be the best for them!" Jughead looked weirdly at Veronica at her toast. "Okay that sucked! But you are gonna get back with Betty and I'm gonna be the supportive girlfriend Archie needs now... at any cost!!" she said with a fresh enthusiasm making Jughead laugh but he nodded agreeing. Both raised their glasses high above and cheered, as the water droplets slowly dripped over the windows as the rain stopped showing twinkling over the night sky.

-------------------------

So the thing is...i actually had two ideas for the epilogue...one is the one you just read and another one on the prom but i chose to upload this....

but if you would like to read the prom one...please let me know in the comment...i will upload it as second epilogue (since its based on this story i doubt i can upload it as a OS)

So with that, thank you so much for reading!!

Take care!!

Divi