Chapter 25

hello everyone! hope all are holding up with 2020. so I'm updating the chapter, sorry it took longer, it kinda clashed with my online class. see you at the end...

-----------------------------------

      "Because I love you Betty Cooper!" Archie whispered facing Betty with their faces inches apart, it took some time for the word to sink in and just as it did Betty's eyes grew wider and her expression shocking. Archie's confidence radiated in his face as well as his words, he kept smiling at Betty as she froze holding her with his gaze but wanting to bring her say something he rubbed lightly on her hand with his thumb. She almost shivered in goose bumps; she momentarily looked at his lips and moved her face away putting a notable distance between them. She looked away from him, feeling the rush of heat coarse through her body; Archie kept staring at a visibly nervous Betty while she was trying to hold onto her composure. "You know...we should get going now!!" Betty suddenly blurted out getting up from the window; she walked towards the middle of the room looking around for further distraction. But Archie calmly got up from his seat and walked towards her, he slowly caught her hand and turned her facing him. She looked more nervous than startled when he held her in position by her shoulder, Archie watched Betty and that only made his feelings stronger than ever; he took a step closer shadowing her face from the morning light through the window.

                  He smile dropped into a serious look while Betty stood frozen in her place looking up at him "Betty! I don't want..." he closed his momentarily and smiled breathing "No, I WON'T let anyone hurt you...ever!" he whispered melting Betty. "I love you Betty!" he whispered again making Betty almost choke on her tears, she looked surprised at his confession and was just a breath away from crying. Betty watched Archie's face trying to find some indication of this being just a bad joke but she found none, all she could see was how dead serious he was and that made her even more fragile. Archie watched Betty's rush of emotions in her face, she looked almost in pain and that hurt Archie; the tear drop graced her face and Archie softly wiped it with the back of his fingers. As soon as his hands touched her face, she closed her eyes feeling the warmth of his fingers and it remind closed; Archie looked at Betty's face, her raspy breathing blowing on his neck and without a thought he leaned down to her height slightly pressing his lips on hers. Betty clenched her hand together when she first felt his lips while having her eyes still shut but she suddenly opened her eyes in shock and gave a slight push on Archie's chest breaking him from her.

A couple days later,

Riverdale High,

            The bell rang announcing the end of classes, the class started to disappear while Archie sat on his seat watching Betty from behind; Betty quickly picked up her books, packed it and slung her bad over her shoulder while Archie watched her with a smile. Betty looked towards Veronica "I'll get going then!!" she announced and almost ran out of the class without sparing a glance at Archie while he just sat looking at the door she just exited. "Wow! She's been spending way too much time in blue and gold!" Veronica commented seeing her friend run out for the past consecutive days, Kevin just shrugged "Well she does have so much to finish before the prom and the game..." he trailed off while Reggie tapped Archie shoulder bring him out of his thoughts. "Hey Archie! It's time for practise...c'mon!" Reggie spoke walking towards the door while Archie soon packed his bag, hugged veronica and followed Reggie and other boys to the locker room to get changed.

          Archie stood outside the school building flexing his arm to ease the growing pain from the practice for the upcoming championship game; he noticed a few of his teammates leaving through the ground. And when they noticed Archie standing, they waved 'good bye' at him and Archie waved back smiling at his team mates, the practice session of the past few days have given them the hope of beating the guys from Stonewall prep. With the happy thought Archie looked inside the school to notice a shadow of someone walking out, he smiled recognizing the shadow of the bounding ponytail. Betty walked out visibly tired from all her editorial work; she momentarily slowed down noticing Archie outside school building smiling at her. She quickly averted her gaze away from him and nervously walked passed fearing any kind of reaction from him but Archie silently stood watching her walk past him.