Chapter 18

hello everyone, hope all are safe.

here's the next chapter...i'll see you'll at the end.

------------------------------------------

          Archie opened the door to his house and veronica entered smiling energetically; Archie was still in deep thought and glanced at Betty's house before entering his. "Archie?" Mary voice rang through the house, Veronica traced the source of the voice to the kitchen "Hey Mrs. Andrews!" she exclaimed opening her arms, walking towards her; "Veronica, Hey" Mary hugged her smiling at her and looked back at her son who looked lost. Mary looked at Archie's upset and disturbed face, "Archie? Did you have a good day?" Mary asked finally getting his attention. Archie smiled at his mom and nodded, she instantly knew something was bothering him and by the looks of it Veronica did not have any idea about it making Mary even more worried. She was afraid Archie would distant himself again but she didn't want to press him on that either, she barely heard any Veronica was saying but noticed a significant change in Archie's expression.

        Mary looked at Veronica "I'm sorry Veronica, what were you saying?" she asked veronica stared at Mary a minute but laughed "Betty's guest!?" she repeated. Mary looked back at Archie who looked more annoyed; she smiled finally understanding the situation and focussed on what Veronica was saying. Veronica unaware of Archie's foul mood kept on going about Matt, "Ahh Yes, the FBI agent who they met in their trip??" Mary added surprising both Archie and Veronica; "You know him mom?" Archie asked and Mary nodded "Alice mentioned him... when she returned from the trip! He helped them during the trip right?" Mary asked making Veronica instantly nod in agreement. Veronica started to describe about Matt while Mary watched Archie sighed exasperated making her silently smile.

     "I'm gonna get changed!" Archie announced and almost ran out the kitchen to his room leaving Veronica and Mary look after him. Archie entered his room and breathed trying to calm himself, he walked towards his window and looked over at Betty's and grunted when he was greeted with darkness. He turned and took out his phone, it showed Betty was offline; he threw his phone on the bed and stepped back to sit on his chair. The thoughts of Betty and Matt talking and laughing were playing in his mind making close his eyes in frustration, suddenly a cold hand wrapped around his neck. He opened his eyes to see Veronica smiling at him, she came around him and sat on his lap, he was startled for a moment but before he could say anything Veronica placed a kiss on his lips.

        He opened his eyes and looked at her, while Veronica smiled at him lovingly; Archie kept looking at her with a serious face making Veronica raise her brows "Archie? What is it??" she asked cupping his face, he finally snapped out of his thoughts. He smiled at her "Nothing... its nothing!" Veronica smiled and leaned closer to his face, "Oh Archiekins...how much I missed this?" she said leaned in again placing her lip. Archie sat there without a thought or more feeling, feeling him not kissing her back Veronica pulled back with a confused face "Are you okay, Archikins?" Archie breathed unaware of the fact he had held his breath. Archie nervously smiled "I'm sorry Ronnie... I'm just tired... and..." Veronica cut him while his mind was trying to form some reasonable explanation for his behaviour but sadly he had none... he had no explanation to why he wasn't feeling anything when she sat on him or when she kissed him.

              "It's okay Archikins... I understand! I'll see you tomorrow at school! Night Archikins" she kissed him on his cheeks and got up instantly making Archie feel something... guilt. He got up after her and held her hand stopping her form leaving; he genuinely smiled at her "Thanks Ronnie!!" Veronica smiled in reply and leaped in for a hug. Archie rested his head on her head while hugging, she leaned back smiling; this time Archie leaned in and gave her a peck "Good night!!" he whispered making her giggle. She turned, smiled at Archie one last time before she left him alone in his room, the smile he held faded and he turned again toward the window. There was an indescribable heaviness inside him, he closed his eyes in frustration, and he turned and punched his punching bag that hung in the middle of the room.

The bag swayed and hit his hand again, he opened his eyes to see the bag coming to rest on his folded hand, he started punching it more this time with both hands and with more pressure. He lost track of time but he finally held the bag to halt feeling the heaviness in his hands and arms. He hugged the bag for a moment to catch his breath, the pain from the workout started to flow through his hands, he staggered to his bed, picked up the towel and wiped the sweat from his bare torso and fell on the bed facing up. He was barely able to lift his hand, but his mind was still filled with Betty and slowly the tiredness from his arms radiated to his body finally putting him to sleep. Hearing nothing from the room, Mary who was standing outside Archie's room finally sighed; she had been standing outside hearing him punch the bag... she was worried but she also knew it was Archie's decision to make and didn't want anyone influencing him in anyway.

Next morning,

*beep beep*

         Archie's alarm sound finally brought consciousness to Archie who slowly opened his eyes. He laid there staring at the ceiling in the same position with his alarm still ringing in his ears; he finally turned his neck to see his phone right by his side table. He sighed and got only to feel a surge of pain shoot through his arms, he grunted and massages his arms to regulate the pain; he got up and switched off his alarm. He hooked it to the charger and glanced over at Betty's window, he could see her walk back and forth between her closets and bed briskly. A small smile appeared on his face; he shook his head and walked out of his room deciding hot bath would make his throbbing hands feel better.

             He entered his room with a towel wrapped around his waist still flexing his arms to release the rigidity. He glanced again to see Betty walk in her room in her robes after her bath, feeling peaceful he went to get dressed. In five minutes, he stood before the mirror with his blue shirt and jeans; he pressed his hair in position for the nth time and gave up when it again bounced back. He grabbed his bag, checked his wallet and everything and took his phone to check for any new messages. He did have a small panic while doing so, expecting a message from Veronica but thankfully there were no new messages; he smiled, looked himself at the mirror for the last time and looked inside his room for the last and that when he noticed Betty sitting before the mirror putting her ponytail.

        He watched as Betty head suddenly snap towards her door, she tilted her head and walked towards it disappearing out of Archie's view. Archie curiously walked towards the window, within seconds Betty walked in smiling followed by Matt. Archie peaceful and calm nerves started to flare with anger, he watched as he looked around her room; Archie couldn't wait anymore and almost ran out of his room. He practically jumped over his stairs and ran towards his door, while Mary called his name walking out of the kitchen. She stood silently as the main door closed but suddenly it opened again and Archie entered in a hurry; "Archie? I everything okay?" Mary asked concerned. Archie smiled panting "Yes mom, I just need to go early today!" he spoke while walking into the kitchen; he quickly drank his juice almost chocking in the process and grabbed a toast. Mary walked in as Archie turned to walk out; "I'm off now... take care mom!" he kissed his mom's cheeks and again ran out the main door leaving a confused and smiling Mary behind.

Betty's house,

        Archie ran up the stairs just as Alice opened the main door, "Good Morning Archie!" she wished smiling bring Archie to a stop. "Goo...good morn...ing ...miss...smith" he wished her panting heavily. Alice could guess, she moved away from his path "Betty's almost ready...you can go in!" she said pointing inside the house. Archie nodded smiling and speed walked in to the house, Alice could hear him jumped over the stairs, she smiled and walked out checking her purse and noticed Mary standing outside her house. Alice waved smiling at her, while she waved back at once; she again glanced inside before the door shut

"What do you mean, Matt?" Betty asked confused, while Matt sat near her front window silently. The door to her room suddenly burst open, revealing a heavily panting Archie at her door, Betty was completely startled and looked confused. Archie looked at Betty standing near her bed and Matt sitting near the front window, "Arch! What happened? Why are you...?" she said going towards Archie. Archie at once looked at Matt who looked at him smiling like he was already half-expecting him to show up.

-----------------------------------

hope you enjoyed the chapter, please leave your likes and comments about it.

will see you soon at the next one

take care, stay safe

Divi