Chapter 14a

Hello everyone! Hope all are safe staying inside and taking rest.
So..I broke chapter 14 into two parts becoz of its length...which I will update the date after tomorrow!
See you at the end of chapter!!

-------------------------

Friday Night,
A

rchie's room
      Archie knocked once and opened the door, the first thing he saw was Betty sitting on the floor near his bed looking at the pile of photos. He had given her the boxes of his and their childhood photos before he went down to help his mother clean up. Now 30 mins later, the room is spread out with different photos while Betty being in the middle of it. Smiling Archie entered while Betty sat there unbothered of the knock. "Don't you want to change Betty?" Archie asked standing behind her, Betty looked at him holding the tea the cup. "Here!!" Archie extended the cup towards him and Betty smiling took it from him "Thanks Arch! I'll change before I go to bed...coz I'm positive my mom wouldn't have packed anything comfortable considering she remembered about it the last minute..." she said taking the first sip of the tea.

     "Since when did you start drinking tea at night?" Archie asked settling down near Betty by pushing a handful of photos aside; Betty thought for a second seriously "Since you're mom cooked a wonderful dinner and made me eat till I was going to burst!" she said earning a stare from Archie. She laughed and looked at the cup smiling "My mom suggested it...actually my mom's friend suggested it to her and her to me...after I started to you know...lose sleep" she ended in a sad tone. Archie at once understood what she was referring to; he slowly reached out and caressed her shoulder in response.

Ever since she told him about what's been happening to her he couldn't stop worrying about her but he also didn't want to be the person who remind her of it when she was trying exactly the opposite.

       He came out of his thoughts, "So did you find anything interesting from the piles?" he asked looking at the scattered pictures on the floor. Betty's face instantly lite up and she happily exclaimed grabbing a pile "Oh my god Yes! Look at these...aren't these from our third grade Halloween festival? Look how cute we look??" she said awing at the picture while Archie was smiling looking at her. Even without looking at the picture he answered her "We certainly do..." and focused on the picture when he saw Betty turn her head towards him.

She laughed and kept looking at each one and passing it to Archie, who finally turned his attention to the pictures. Betty rambled through the other piles "Arch I can't seem to find your fifth grade picture though? Do you know where it is??" Archie stopped looking at the photos and smiled "Ahmm...you won't find it...I never went!" he said smiling at Betty who looked at him surprised and confused knowing how much he loved dressing up for Halloween.

"What? Why??" Betty asked curiously, Archie leaned on his bed "Well you got sick and I didn't want to go without you!" he said smiling at the memory of their childhood again while Betty watched him with a surprised face. She stared at him silently and looked down thinking "I actually lied! I wasn't sick" she said slowly taking Archie by surprise. His confused face made her chuckle, but at the end of it she answered "Remember how excited I was that we got picked to dress up as fairy tale characters in our class...as a pair that year?" Archie nodded in response, "...well I couldn't get the dress...my mom and dad tried all around, even called their friends but we couldn't get it...and I didn't have the hearts to go there as anyone else or see you paired with anyone else, so I decided not to go..." she admitted shamefully while Archie watched her genuinely smiling at her confession.

     He could see it in his mind, how upset that must have made her since she loved Halloween as much as he did. Betty finally looked up to see Archie staring back, the silence started to grow making Betty break from the moment immediately and gather the photos on the ground. Archie watched as Betty distracted herself with the pile, he sighed and pulled the box towards him "Let's see...hmmm" he started to search through the box.