Chapter 26

I woke up the next morning and got a voicemail from Ethan.
"Hey, Sof. Grayson and I are visiting Val for the last time before, you know. Grayson doesn't really feel good, and he needs you. But it's totally okay if you don't want to come. I would totally understand."
I sat in bed thinking about what to do, after a while of thinking I knew that I had to go see Valentina for the one last time before her death penalty. I needed some answers. And I couldn't leave Grayson at such a hard time I was his girlfriend and I had to live up to what I was supposed to do and we were supposed to get through the hard times together as one.

I got out of bed showered and changed into black pants and a denim jacket I wrote a note on the fridge for Madison and Lily and I left the house.

I drove to the police station and ask the officer at the front desk for Valentino Hargroves. I walk to the area where she had informed Valentina would be and I found Grayson waiting outside. I quietly hugged him from behind.
"How are you feeling, Gray?" I asked.
"I already saw her. You can go in there now, I'll wait." He said without any emotion.

I took a deep breath and walked to Valentina. She was sitting at an indoor picnic table. Her hands were cuffed and she was looking down, her hair covering her face.

"Valentina."
She looked up and I was shocked to see how different she looked from the last time I saw her. She had dark bags under eyes and her lips were chapped, bleeding.
"I am going to be killed tomorrow." She whispered.

I slowly sat down.
"I'm so sorry, Valentina." I said.

"No it's not you it's me. You need to forgive me, please, I can't live my last day knowing I hurt someone. I'm so sorry. It's just that the first moment I saw Grayson, I fell in love and I didn't know what to do, my love was boiling inside of me. When I saw you with him, I just couldn't hold it in and I had to do something. That wasn't me. I never meant to do all the killings It was the demon inside of me which I had kept quiet for years. I started doing crazy stuff and next thing I knew I had killed three people. I'm so so sorry and I hope one day you're able to forgive me." She said, her streaming with tears.

I slowly grabbed her hands.
"I forgive you. You're human. And humans make mistakes."

"Thank you and please take care of the twins. They've been through enough and I don't want them to go through anymore pain. I'm sorry, goodbye forever." She said and got up and two guards lead her back to her cell.

I went home and called Grayson. He wasn't picking up the phone. I sighed and called Lilly.

"Are you at the twins house right now."
"Yeah, I am."
"Hey Lilly, can you tell Grayson to meet me at Providence at sunset boulevard for a date at 7 tonight?"
"Yeah, sure." She said and hung up.

After 10 minutes she called me again.
"I'm so sorry, Sof. He's not opening the door to the gym and he's been pinching the pinching gang for hours now. He needs you."

I got out of bed and drove to Grayson's house. I walked to the gym behind the house and knocked the door. He didn't open it. I pulled out a bobby pin from my hair. I moved it around inside the lock and unlocked the door.

He was punching the bag with out any boxing gloves and his knuckles were beet red. I turned off the loud music and he turned to me. He had so much pain in his eyes.

I slowly went up to him and pulled him down on to a yoga mat.
"Babe, I know you're in pain but punching things isn't going to do any good. I looked at his hands which were close to bleeding. I got some ointment and rubbed it on his knuckles. I wrapped them in bandages and pulled his head to mine.
"I love you, you know that? And I hate to see you like this. It hurts me. I love you and that's the beginning and end of everything."
He stayed quiet and just made circles in my palm with his finger.
"You know sometimes I find myself thinking.
In this crazy world, full of change and chaos, there is one thing of which I am certain, one thing which does not change: my love for you. This morning I awoke and was reminded of the preciousness of life. I realized I should express my love to those who are so very important to me. And Grayson Bailey Dolan you are the most important out of everyone and I can't bare to loose you over something that was bound to happen. This is just the world challenging us and we have to overcome our adversity to love each other. Do you love me?"

He looked me in the eyes.
"Of course, I love you."

"Then I may not be your first date, kiss or love...but I want to be your last everything. When I wake up in the morning, I am thinking of you. When I go to sleep at night, I am thinking of you. And all those hours in between, I think of us. I could never say how much I like you, and just how special you are to me. But I can say that my world is all smiles whenever I am with you. I love you a lot. And if you love me you would grow for me. Hard times come but remember good times are coming upon us soon."

I got up to leave.
"Tonight, Providence, 7 p.m. Think about it." I said and left.

For the rest of the afternoon I finished some small tasks I had to get down and got ready at 6:30. I decided to wear a white t-shirt with some fancy white pants with ribbons on them and paired it with a grey burkin and neon green heels.

I arrived at the restaurant and sat down at a table, waiting for Grayson

I arrived at the restaurant and sat down at a table, waiting for Grayson. As each minute passed, I got more and more anxious that he wont coming. I check my watch, it was 7:15. I grabbed my bag and was about to leave when I saw him come through the doors wearing a tuxedo. I smiled wider than I ever had. I was so happy that he didn't leave me alone and didn't give up on me. He sat down and kissed my hand.
"This is our first date."
"We've gone out on a bunch of dates."
"Yeah but those weren't real."
He chuckled and we both ordered our food. We talked about Grayson's new movie which was coming out in 5 days.
"Babe, I want you to come to my premiere for Venom 2 tomorrow" Grayson said.
"Gray, I don't kno-"
"Come on, you've taught me to be brave and grow from the past so can't you do one thing for me?"
"Fine." I smiled at him and we looked at each other for a while.
"I love you." He said.
"I love you, too. I'm so proud of you. Thank you for coming here tonight."
"It's nothing compared to everything you do for me. I have something for you."
Grayson pulled out a small Cartier box from his pocket. He gave it to me.
"Gray, you didn't have to." I said and opened the box, inside was a signature Cartier gold and diamond bracelet. I gasped, it was beautiful.

"You deserve it, Sofia Lively Jordan."
I put it on my wrist and it fit perfectly.

"This is why you were late." I smirked and we both laughed.

"Thank you so much, Gray."
"Te amo." He said.

We left the restaurant after dinner and went to my apartment. We changed into comfy clothes and watched some old Harry Potter movies. Grayson fell asleep half way through the second movie. I finished the movie and went to sleep too.

A/N
Hope you enjoyed the chapter.
XOXO 💋💋