Chapter 61

I woke up in a hospital with water all over me.
I was in a surgical room and there were doctors and nurses surrounding me.
"She's awake now!" A nurse said to a doctor.
"What happened?" I asked.
"You passed out from shock but we sprayed you with ways to wake you up."
And then I remembered what happened.
"No. My baby! Is it okay?" I asked the doctor.
All of the doctors just stayed silent.
"Tell me something!"
"Sofia, we ran tests and you've been extremely stressed lately and I heard your mother passed away 12 days ago. Your stomach hitting the bed frame was the tip of the ice berg. You lost your baby." The nurse said.

"No, I've been eating and everything."
"Miscarriages are common at such a young age and you being so stressed and anxious was not good for the baby at all." The nurse said, grabbing my hand to comfort me.

"Okay, it wasn't going to work, right?"
The doctor shook her head.
"Okay... okay. It wasn't meant to be."
I was surprisingly dealing with it okay. I had just had this feeling from when I first got pregnant that it wasn't a good idea and now I know what was gonna happen.

"You want you're guests to see you now. They've been waiting very impatiently." The nurse asked me.
I nodded and Corey came into the room.
"Hey, how are you?" He asked me with his angelic voice.
"I'm good."
"Is the baby okay?" He asked.
I shook my head slowly and Corey just put his head in his arms.
"Corey... I guess it wasn't meant to be."
"But I was so happy and everything." He said.
"I know. I know but I knew myself. I wasn't healthy enough to grow a baby in me. I jus lost my mother and I'm only 20 years old. Everything has an affect on the baby. If God had thought it better for us to not have a baby yet, I can't change it." I got up and hugged him.

Corey pulled back and smiled at me.
"You ready to go home?" He asked.
"Yeah." I said and Corey got my things together.
We went out into the lobby and found Grayson.
Corey was about to tell him to leave but I held him back.
"Go to the car. Gray and I need to talk." I said to Corey. He walked out and I went to Grayson.

"Hey, how are you? I didn't mean for any of that to happen. I'm sorry..." he started.
"Hey Gray. It's okay. I forgive you. I guess the baby was just not meant to be."

"Thank you, Sof." He said and was about to hug me but I put my hand on his chest.
"Grayson. I've been thinking about this but I think we need to break up. This isn't working and... how you were tonight just... scared me."
I said, looking into his eyes.

"Sofia, I'm sorry. I don't know what got into me. I'll be better for you." He said.
"I think we both need to be better, apart." I said and gave him a hug and walked out.

It was bound to happen and I knew I couldn't just get back to normal with Grayson knowing what he did to my baby today.
I got in the car with Corey and we went home in silence.

I went to my room and closed the door quickly behind me. I started sobbing into my blanket, I felt like I was going to break. I had nothing to live for anymore. I had lost my mother... and now my baby. I heard a knock in my door and quickly wiped away my tears.
"Come in!" I yelled.
It was Dad. He was holding two cups of tea and some cookies in tray.
"Here I brought you some tea."
I sipped in the tea in silence.
"Dad can I tell you something?"
"Of course Beasty." He said and put a hand on my knee.
"I had a miscarriage." I said.
He stayed quiet for a second and then hugged me. I cried into his arms.

"You know I remember your mom and I lost a baby before you. It was a girl. She would have been your older sister. It was hard at first but your mom was only 17 and I was 18. We still had a whole life ahead and now that I think about it. In some ways it was for the better. We were able to still enjoy our teenage years with no responsibilities and chase our dreams. Maybe it wouldn't have happened if we actually had the baby."

We sat in silence and sipped on the tea.
"Dad I miss her." I said with pain in my voice.

"I miss her too baby. She was the love of my life . My high school sweetheart." Dad wiped a tear from his eye.

"I'm sorry, dad. Times really are shitty right now. We lost mom. I lost my baby and then broke up with my boyfriend."

"I know it may seem like it'll never get better but it will. It always does. The past is history and tomorrow is a mystery... but today is a gift and we have to cherish it with the ones we do have." Dad said and gave me a final long hug before leaving.

I cheered myself up and showered and put on a back dress and Balenciaga white shoes.

I had a few papers to sign to officially buy my penthouse in downtown Toronto

I had a few papers to sign to officially buy my penthouse in downtown Toronto. The penthouse cost about $10,000,000.
Later that night, Corey, Lilly, Madison and I filmed a mukbang for Madison's youtube Channel. We all had a lot of fun and ate a lot of Korean BBQ.