Chapter 69

I woke up the next morning feeling pretty relaxed. I looked over at Corey fast asleep. He was probably so tired of comforting me so many time now. God why do I have to be so sensitive? I should be able to get over it, right? I was thinking about what happened to me yesterday and it was so fucked up that I was being assaulted in public and no one cared to intervene or stand up for me and on top of that, I was the one criticized and banned after? For what? For being a woman. No one was treating Grayson like that but I've been called a slut and whore so many times in the past 48 hours of the leak that I'm sick of this Male Superior world. I just wanted to join my mom...

My thoughts were interrupted when my phone started ringing. It was Natalie Preston, my manager. I put on Corey's t-shirt that was lying on the ground since last night and went out to the balcony to answer the phone.
"Hey Natalie! What's up?" I said.
"We have some things to discuss and arrange. Meet me at Grayson's house in an hour. Okay?"
"Yeah I'll be there by 11."
She hung up and then I went to my closet. It's time I get myself back together and get back to my goals.
I put on a black bodysuit with black leather pants and paired the outfit with a Rolex and Hermes purse.

I did some light makeup and just let me hair sit how it wanted.

"Good morning!" I said to Corey when I found him sitting at his phone.
"What you doing?" I asked and he quickly put his phone away.
"Nothing." He said.
"Okay I'm gonna make breakfast for everyone and then we have to go to the Dolans house." I said.
He nodded and went to the bathroom.
I made some oatmeal pancakes and berry smoothies for everyone.
"Hey Sof, awww you made breakfast for everyone!" Madison said sitting down on a bar stool infront of the island.
"I was up early so why not?"
"Omg these are sooo good!" She said taking a bite.

I chuckled, "so how's work going?" I asked.
"Pretty good actually... I've been growing tremendously lately and I have some saved up money." She said looking a bit nervous.

"Hey why are you acting so weird all of a sudden?" I asked.

"Well I was just scared that you or Lilly would get sad that I'm thinking of buying a house... alone, but I want you to know I will always love you and just a phone call away at any time." She said.
"Ahhh! I'm so proud of you!" I said and went around the island to give her a hug.

Corey and Lilly came to the kitchen hearing my scream with a confused look on their faces and I told them the news and they were super excited as well.

We all ate breakfast together and I noticed Corey and Maddy were looking really comfortable and close and I was so happy he was warming up to my best friends.

"Hey Sofia. I think we should head out now." Corey said to me putting his plate in the sink.
"Yeah of course." I grabbed my purse and headed out the door after him.

We got to the twins house and the twins, Natalie and her crew and some other people were sitting in the formal living room silently.
"Hello Sofia and Corey!" Natalie said with a big smile to her face despite the depressing vibe. Sometimes she reminded me of Effy from the hunger games.

Corey and I sat down and nodded at the strangers.
"So I have arranged this super important, top secret meeting today because there are things that need to be discussed." Natalie said and cued at the guy sitting oppsite her.

He had his computer in hand and seemed really smart.
"Hi I'm here from the FBI's tecnology department. We have been able to take down... the video from the World Wide Web and are starting to investigate how the leak happened but there hasn't been any success so far because these people are some amazing hackers and they know what they're doing, they haven't left any loose ties or made any mistakes in the encrypted code." He said.

Another man spoke after him, "I'm the chief of investigation at CIA. We have seen this case at the utmost importance and our best team is on the case but we will advise you Mrs. Jordan and Mr.Dolan to stay extremely safe. This is not something to be taken lightly. These people are smart and strong."

"Have you found anything that could help you find the fugitives?" Grayson asked.
"We checked every single surveillance cameras  in the area and did find an image of these two men who were walking by a cafe near this house and looked suspicious."
He turned the laptop around and showed us pictures of two men. One had a short chunky build and a mischievous look and the other was tall and muscular.
"Robert Bundy, the short one, has been to jail 4 times and has been charged with first degree murder and assault several times but currently he is on the run from the police for 7 years and he is a relative of Ted Bundy" The officer said pointing at him.
"And Chad Cooper, the tall one has served a sentence for mass murder and a school shooting in Arkansas but escaped prison 5 years ago. He was involved in the biggest drug dealing service in US history."
My heart pounded and I started shivering. Corey put his arm around me and I twitched form his touch.

"Still we don't think these men are the masterminds behind this but just seeing their hit men shows this is not a joke."
"Yesterday this phone call was made to Grayson Dolan's phone at 5 am." The agent said.
"I was with Sofia and I woke up to this call from an unknown number." Grayson said. Oh that's why he left me.
He pressed play on the voice recording,
"This is the person who leaked your footage. We have been eliminated of our first wave but the next is coming. Be ready and you better keep your manager under locks because Natalie Preston... we are coming for you." The voice said.
It sent shivers down my spine. This seemed straight out of some Money Heist or something.

Natalie finally spoke again.
"Okay so no need to worry but stay extremely cautious. Sofia I have setup two bodyguards for you and also for you Grayson. Tomorrow night we have a ball to go to and the FBI thinks that will be when they strike again so we have to catch them."

"I am not letting Sofia be bait to this." Corey said standing up.

"It's okay." I said ignoring him.

"Sofia is the weakest link and they will try striking her first. She has been sexually assaulted and victimized a lot recently." Natalie said to Corey.

"Wait how do you know?" I asked

"When we were checking the footage we found a cafe surveillance of you being assaulted and harassed." The tech guy said.

Corey looked at me confused and I just nodded.
"I'm ready to catch these bastards." I said and looked at Grayson and he nodded at me.

We discussed the plan for the rest of the day and finally went home at 12 at night with my bodyguards.

Corey barely talked to me all day and I could tell he was pissed. He just went straight to the guest bedroom when we came home and slept there.

A/N:
SEXUAL ASSUALT IS REAL.

Awareness —>
https://www.thehotline.org/tag/sexual-assault-awareness-month-2/

Hotline: https://crcvc.ca/links/