Chapter 4

After my short blackout, I found myself at the nurses office. Seeing the kind-hearted Fubuki twin sleeping on a chair, next to my bed, while laying his head with his arms as pillows sleeping peacfully as he laid his head on the bed.

I sat up, wondering why was I here and why was Shirou sleeping... My mind was forgetting some of the memories but I soon recovered when, finally, the nurse showed up.

What's a nurses office without a nurse?

What's a person without love?

What's me when I'm out of luck?

Probably nothing to the 1st 2 questions but... what's up with the last? Do I fear, being left out? "Oh, Ms. L/n, I see your awake." A short nod was the reaction of mine as the nurse spoke aloud, making the soccer player, beside me, wake up.

"And so does Fubuki-san, huh?" I could see that the nurse was kind-hearted and upbeat like Shirou or Atsuya but... Just a glimpse of her tired face and a little bit of make-up... She seemed tired. After all, kids these days hurt themselves easily.

Like self harm.

"Ms. L/n, is everything alright?" I was cut off guard as the nurse called me out for looking at her face. Yet, I couldn't help but question, "Do you need help?"

This question shocked both people who I spot. Maybe they were thinking a mental home or something but, I was asking if she needs help around the office. She just seems so... stressed.

"Oh," I started. "I didn't mean that but... Do you need help from a student?" They both calmed down as soon as I reinsure them that I am not talking about the other version of what they were thinking.

The nurse shakes her head. "No thank you, Ms. L/n. But, I did appreciate the kind offer." I put my hand on my chin, surrounding my chin with my index and thumb, looking away, shrugging it off as I look back, saying. "If you say so..."

"Say," The lady says. "Do you mind if I leave for a second?" Shirou looks behind him, I bet with his soft signature smile. "No we don't mind at all." The lady nods. "Alright, I'll be right back."

As the lady closes the door, Shirou turned to me with a questioning look. "What?" I asked him in a husky tone. "Nothing... It's just the fact that you look very familiar." My eyes widen, mouth making a gap as I let out a question. "Wait, you think I'm familiar too?"

He looks away, biting his lower lip, nodding. I was still very concerened on what this situation might be but... I felt like asking the elder people who just might knew what the past was...

My parents.

I mean, my gut never doubts me, the best answer is to question the people who made me. Especially that... they just might know the Fubuki family... who knows.

I gave him a slow nod as my thoughts were somewhere else, eyes were looking at the farthest corner of the room.

"So, L/n..." He makes a shy approach, making me uncomfortable. I didn't want to socialize with the person I'm next to. Or, shall I put it in an introvert way... I didn't want to talk to anybody. "You're joining the soccer team right?"

I look back at the cute boy beside me, forcing me to hide my nose and below, because of the sudden reaction, a blush, gave me. "Yeah," I look away with furrowed eyebrows. "Now, can we keep the room silent?"

The twin was silent but, soon nods in absolute defeat. I brang the blanket over my shoulders as I turn away from the person that was once beside me. I bet, he wanted to ask more questions but when his mouth made a gap, the nurse came back.

"Okay Fubuki-san," she insures. "You could resume your regular classes." The boy stands up, before closing the door, saying. "Thank you so much, Ms. for letting me sleep in and," he looked at my turned around figure. "Thank you for letting me sleep beside you."

Before I could turn, he slammed the door shut. As I resume, turning to face the nurse, I asked. "Did he really sleep with me... on the bed?" The lady turns to me, smiling, then nodding.

I look away, furrowing my eyebrows. "Strange behaviour from a stranger." I muttered, underneath my breath. I turned to the lady in uniform as I opened my mouth, resuming a question I once asked myself...

"Who is Fubuki Shirou?"

Date: January 2, 2020 + February 20, 2020

Words: 779 [783]