Chapter 2.6 (22)

As me, Atsuya and Shirou walked together on the straight pathway that leaded to school, we were humming some of our favorite songs, hoping no one would notice.

Shirou and I were holding hands and Atsuya was silently humming. We also added some of the lyrics while we were at it, seeing our school from a far.

Is this really it?

Do I really want to keep my life up to this point?

I began to shut up as Shirou and Atsuya looked over. "Y/n, are you okay?" All of us stopped walking in sync as I looked on the road we were at. I looked over to the boys, alternating the looks of them.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just had a thought," I said, smiling enthusiastically. Both of them just shrugged like... I was actually okay.

But... in reality... I... wasn't.

I just had a sudden thought in my head... I really wanted to be the best soccer player in Japan. But... how am I gonna do it without the Fubuki brothers helping me and breaking Shirous heart.

I need to find a way out of this.

*BELL RINGS*...

"So I think all of you had done all of your assignments," Ms. A/t/n continued with a short pause. "Please pass your papers forward." The woman in front eyed me, smirking simultaneously. 'Is she okay?' I asked on my mind as I search through out my messy bag.

So... here's my lunch, my chem and physics book, theres my  pencil case, the pens and trash on the bottom, some erasers I forgot about, about three notebooks and... Where's my assignment? I whispered to myself as I moved my hand left and right.

"Got a problem, Ms. L/n? I see you're the only one without an assignment. Did you even do your homework?"

"Yes, Ms. A/t/n, it was in my bag the other day and I checked my bag this morning. Ma-my bag was closed the whole time, it couldn't be possibly--."

"Great excuse," She eyed me before turning to the class. "Alright everybody, this--,"

"Hey Y/n, you okay over there?" I looked over to Shirou whos voice was deeper. "Yeah, I'm fine. It's just... she wouldn't listen to me."

"What if she were an alien who came to planet earth just to take over it." Atsuya said, jokingly as I nudged him, softly. "Whatever Mr. Theorist. I'll be listening to "Ms. A/t/n" over there who's "teaching" the children." I said as I put on quote signs and emphasisyms into the quoted words. The boys giggle, turning to Ms. A/t/n...

Is everything really the way they actually are?

Date: January 19, 2020

Words: 455