Chapter 2.2 (18)

"Give it back!!"

"No way, Jose!" 

"Give it back, Y/n!"

"What did I tell you?!"

"Nothing. Just give it back, please!"

"Why can't I just read the title?" 

"Because I'm unsure of my feelings!"

Me and Shirou were at our lunch table, waiting for Atsuya who was still at the lunch line. I found something in Shirou's bag, grabbing it and now? He's trying to get it, but for some kind of reason; he can't. It's not that he's short. No way, he was way taller than me.

"A-Atsuya, can you help me out here?"

I asked as the brother sat down, giving us a look. But then, he turns to the book I was holding. Yes, the thing that was in Shirou's bag was a book. He doesn't read books out of school. And that's why I were suspicious. 

Atsuya's eyes widen, getting a little red. Turning back to me, giving furrowed eyebrows but a smirked smile. "No way, let Shirou suffer." 

What does that mean?

"Atsuya~~" Shirou whined, trying to get the book while looking at his younger sibling. "Don't help her... Help me! I don't wanna let her know!" 

Wait a minute... 

"You still have feelings for me, don't you?!" I said as I kicked him in the stomach, making him scoot backwards a bit. "Wha- what? How?!" He was red, stopping to get the book in my hand, holding tightly on the bench we were sitting on. Giving the chance to...  read the title.

"Does She Love Me?"

I looked at Shirou who had tears, once again, in his gray-drooped colored eyes, laying his head on his arms, elbows folded. Not palms! "Are you serious?" 

"Fine, mock me all you want!" 

What does he mean? I wouldn't mock him just for that. And so, I scooted over to him, patting his back. Sounds familiar? "Look, I may not like you the same way... But, doesn't mean that you don't have a chance or your feelings aren't important. I mean, even though you've lied, I'm nice enough to give you a chance."

He was silent as Atsuya spoke up. "Talking about friend-zoned, I'm still here." I rolled my eyes, giving a little giggle, looking back at the boy beside me. "It's okay, Shirou. Play your cards right, not my heart." 

Shirou smiled as I scooted to my original position. And as Shirou began wiping off the tears on his eyes, Atsuya giggles. "What's so funny?"

"The fact that I'm the third wheel."

"He's not wrong..."

~~~

After 30 minutes that have gone by, me and the brothers decided to hang under "The Blossom Tree" you always see in anime, Gacha life or whatever. But they all have one thing in common: They all have somewhat of a myth.

And so, lurking through the halls of the school, we heard some laughing from the faculty lounge.

Date: January 13, 2020

Words: 487