Vol. 2 Ch. 16 Dance Setup

Your POV

Time Skip

Yang, Ruby, Weiss, and I started to prep the ballroom for the dance since it was tomorrow night and we didn't have anything ready. Ruby and I were in charge of setting up the tables and chairs. After a couple of minutes, Ruby sat down at one of the tables, looking sad. Worried, I asked her, "What's wrong, Ruby? Aren't you excited for the dance?"
She replied, "No.... or well yeah. I just want Blake to go as well. She needs something to distract her from her worries. She's gonna over exhaust herself at this point." I sat down next to her and said, "Don't worry, Yang said that she's going to convince Blake to go for sure this time. And trust me, Blake will be at the dance." Ruby sighed and said, "I hope so."
Then Weiss came over to us, slammed two pieces of cloth on the table, and said, "Guys, I need your help to pick a tablecloth." Ruby looked at the two pieces of cloth, before sighing and giving up. Then she said, "Aren't they both the same?"
Weiss sighed and said, "I don't even know why I asked you?! Y/N, what do you think?!" I looked at the pieces of cloth and said, "I think that one is better!" Weiss looked at me confused and said, "Which one?" I smirked and said, "Yes."
Weiss groaned and walked away, still undecided about the two colors. Then Yang came in carrying a speaker. I got up, went over to her, and said, "Here, let me have it. Just tell me where you want it." Yang smiled and handed me the speaker. After I put it where she wanted, both of us walked over to where Ruby was still sitting. Then my girlfriend asked her sister, "So, Ruby, have you picked out a dress yet?" Ruby looked at her and said, "What's the point? Who cares about the dance if Blake isn't going?"
Yang replied, "Oh, don't worry, she's going. I'll convince her." Ruby then asked, "But how? She's gotten worse ever since that night." Yang was just about to reply, but quickly got annoyed by something Weiss was doing and said, "Weiss.... I though we agreed! No doilies!" Weiss replied, "If I don't get doilies, you don't get fog machines!"
The doors suddenly opened and Neptune and Sun walked in, examining the ballroom. Then Neptune said, "Your dance is gonna have fog machines?" Weiss immediately answered, "We were thinking about it?!" Neptune replied, "That's pretty cool." Then Sun said, "So, you ladies all excited for dress-up?"
Ruby chuckled slightly and said, "Yeah, right!" Yang said, "Laugh all you want. I'll be turning heads tomorrow night. Especially Y/N's head." I blushed and smiled. Knowing what was about to happen, and I said, "Sorry, but I just remembered something that I need to take care of. See you guys later."

What do you think you needed to take care of?
Master out.